The candidate we choose will be a mid-weight developer, someone with at least five years’ experience, who understands our vision and, is keen to help grow an establishing department and prepared to punch above their current weight.
The candidate will be working on big brands in a team that consists of a front-end developer and designers. Teamwork and challenging one another is essential. Understanding client’ needs and being willing to go the extra mile in difficult circumstances like tight deadlines or emergencies are often required. They should be self-motivated and driven by innovation.
● A minimum of five years PHP and MySQL, HTML, CSS programming experience
● Web technologies including
○ WordPress CMS (core and plugins)
○ Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms’ API’s
○ CodeIgniter knowledge advantageous
○ Mobile application development advantageous
● The candidate will be extensively involved in database design for web applications as well as assisting our data department with daily tasks and queries
● A proven track record on a variety of projects including: standards compliant large-scale websites and campaign-driven microsites, database specification and development, social integration, system integrations, mobile app development, web tools, data tools
● A digital portfolio (please include a link with your application)
● Agency experience
● HTML5 and CSS3
● Open source contributions to show
● Logical thinker and problem solver
● Fanatical attention to detail
● Uncompromising determination to write beautiful code
● Ability to work under pressure and prioritise critical project milestones
● Helping to define project specifications, scope and costs
● Comfortable presenting complicated solutions and systems internally and to clients
● Strong design awareness
● Team leadership (development team)
● Ability to teach and guide juniors
● Passionate about staying on the cutting edge, discovering and learning new techniques and technologies and sharing that knowledge.