Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- To manage the designated engineering departments responsible for the execution of the maintenance strategy and to provide an efficient and effective engineering support service to ensure that the plant runs safely with maximum reliability.
- Drive compliance by ensuring equipment and machinery comply with relevant legislation and that Team Leaders fulfil their safety obligations with respect to work instructions, task observations and risk assessments in order to provide a safe and healthy work environment. This includes fulfilling GMR2.7(a) duties as stipulated in the OHS Act.
- Control and manage the relevant maintenance budgets as agreed with the Engineering Manager to ensure planned cost outcomes are achieved.
- Implement, improving and executing the maintenance strategy, objectives and tactics in respect of the available resources to ensure optimum performance and reliability of the plants.
- Manage the Engineering department interaction with the Operations/Production Department to optimise processes and improve systems with the purpose of optimising efficiencies.
- Relevant Degree (BSc or B-Tech in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering)
- Government Certificate of Competency (GCC)
- 8 years’ experience in a continuous process operation
- 3 years management experience
- Chemical/Production Manufacturing experience