We’re looking for people who:
- are decisive
- are continuously learning & improving
- think big
- are proactive
- obsess about the customer and the customer experience
- are accountable
- are trustworthy, approachable and open minded
- simplify processes and solve complexity
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the team and build out our fast growing product portfolio across all our platforms (web, mobile and native applications). You’ll work within an agile development team to define product roadmaps, translate customer needs into solutions, and develop features through established best practices for engaging consumers. You’ll interact with many parts of the company and must be personable and skilled at gathering requirements, prioritising projects and setting expectations.
Our mobile products are the company’s fastest growing revenue channel and as such we are looking for a bright star looking to impact the e-commerce space with a well-loved and rising local brand.
Head of Product Management
- Develop the vision and manage an innovative world-class roadmap of features throughout the product life cycle, from product inception through user requirements analysis, design, technical specifications, product development, internal and user testing, documentation, training, and commercial release.
- Apply knowledge of mobile OS (Android, iOS, Mobi web) to drive the requirements and shape the device experience; understanding the moving parts and nuances.
- Effectively manage both internal and external partnerships on projects from concept-to-delivery to ensure that products and roadmap priorities get to market per specifications and on schedule.
- Develop, track and present routine and ad-hoc product performance updates, with the goal of improving conversion rates, number of order and average basket size; lead the forecasting and planning process for your product roadmap.
- Coordinate product development and delivery across multiple departments to include but not limited to software engineering, marketing, customer services, and user design.
- Developing communication plans and building a strategy to engage customers with product conception through to development.
Key Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent industry experience, would be beneficial.
- At least 5 years of product management experience that includes 2 years in a mobile environment (preferably ecommerce).
- Data and research driven, analytical approach to features and changes.
- Proven track record of delivering business value.
- Detail oriented, and comfortable generating relevant artefacts for an effective, light production process.
- Proficiency to manage a diverse workload and assign priorities to tasks.
- Familiarity and significant experience with agile and lean processes.
- Thorough knowledge of prevailing and emerging mobile trends and technologies.
- Strategic orientation with an attention to detail.
- Structured thinking, ability to remove ambiguity and work under pressure.
- Self-starter and moves quickly.
- Decisive and able to take accountability, and balance multiple priorities.
- Can solve complex problems and distil into deliverables.
- Proficiency to work closely and collaboratively with multiple departments and executives, and lead cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.