The Product Manager will be responsible for product planning as well as execution throughout the product lifecycle i.e. from conception to product withdrawal, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements. The Product Manager will work closely with Sales Executives, IT, Marketing and Support as well as other group members to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction. The Product Manager’s function also includes ensuring that the product supports the overall strategy and goals of the Company.
The ideal candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, education and/or certification required:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for facilitating product ideas throughout the product lifecycle from idea generation to execution in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
- Research and Analysis:
- Research and analyse market conditions.
- Identify key competitor and consumer trends.
- Articulate market requirements and opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for product innovation and product enhancements.
- Work with sales, operations and marketing regarding product development.
- Product Planning and Management
- Manage and support product life cycle stages i.e. conceive, plan, develop, qualify, launch, deliver and close out.
- Determine product specifications.
- Produce product strategies and roadmaps.
- Gather and document business requirements.
- Analyse business and technology requirements.
- Design and map relevant business processes.
- Perform product feasibility studies.
- Document close out process, where appropriate.
- Gather customer insight pertaining to channel requirements, as well as end user requirements.
- Product Commercials and SLAs
- Maintain a solid commercial understanding of current products.
- Present commercial models to EXCO for approval when sourcing new service providers.
- Work with and negotiate with external 3rd parties to assess potentially beneficial partnerships.
- Work with internal product partners/providers to introduce new products.
- Conclude Main Agreements and SLAs.
- Commercialise and institutionalise new products delivered via 3rd Party service providers in consultation with other business areas.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party service providers in terms of agreed SLAs.
- Product Marketing
- Develop product marketing plan and event campaigns to generate product awareness and demand.
- Facilitate product launch planning and execution.
- Liaise with advertising and public relations to promote product.
- Support sales, marketing and operations with the necessary product knowledge and technical expertise.
- Conduct product presentations.
- Develop sales tools and sales training material.
- Provide input for marketing collateral development.
- Supply sales with latest research and marketing information.
- Implement marketing plan in conjunction with all departments.
- Facilitate driving ongoing improvement in sales and profitability and remediating below-par product performance.
- Product Performance
- Design appropriate reporting formats to report product performance (commercial and functional).
- In conjunction with BI, source relevant data, interrogate and interpret data and draw conclusions with respect to product penetration/growth levels across all channels for newly launched products or product enhancements.
Education & Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Advanced degree advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of business principles.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Product Manager
- Microsoft Office; Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook & Visio
- Experience within the Financial Services industry advantageous.
- Experience within the Telecommunications Industry advantageous.
- Quantitative and business analysis skills advantageous.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and practices advantageous.
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices advantageous.
- Proficient in relevant software applications.
- Familiar with the purpose and composition of Service Level Agreements
The ideal candidate must display the following critical competencies:
- Communication skills (written, verbal)
- Problem analysis and solving
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Organizational and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Negotiating skills
- Creative and resourceful
- Team player
- Stress tolerance
- Customer orientation
- Presentation skills