PRODUCT MANAGER – CISCO
|Job Title:||PRODUCT MANAGER – CISCO|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2017 15:08|
Purpose for the Job
To manage all aspects of the distribution process for allocated products. Responsible for achieving individual brand annual budget and sales growth plans, meeting the individual KPA’s, sales; profit; stock management and stock turns management (working capital days and various ROFI measurements).
Manage vendor relationship:
• Establish sound relationships with various stakeholders within the allocated Vendor/s through regular meetings and networking opportunities.
• Negotiate terms and pricing concessions with Vendor, using opportunities identified to engage in negotiations.
• Demonstrate an understanding of Vendor processes and strategy in order to inform product management decisions and planning.
• Calculate rebates, using relevant information to inform calculation before presenting to Business Unit Manager for confirmation.
• Deal with product issues, making decisions which serve the company’s best interests whilst maintaining a positive relationship with the Vendor, referring major problems to the Business Unit Manager for resolution.
Demand planning :
• Compile a forecasting plan weekly, monthly and quarterly; accurately determining the “sell-out” for the month and reflecting an understanding of why additional stock is required in terms of key market factors.
• Forecasts to be actively managed in Netstock.
• Place purchase orders on backlogs with due consideration to relevant factors, obtaining sign off from Business Unit Manager before placing order.
• Place purchase orders within limits of authority, using standard procedures and guidelines.
• Plan “back-to-back” orders required, managing lead times and pricing in order to achieve profit margins.
• Factor specific logistical considerations, relating to product, into purchase orders placed.
- Stock holding requirements
- Lead times
- Vendor MOQ’s
- Shipping terms
- Payment terms
• Actively manage the ETA (estimated time of arrival) process on a daily basis to ensure that delivery dates are accurate and met.
• Ensure that expediting processes are followed in order to facilitate the timeous delivery of purchase orders placed
• Contribute to pricing models with consideration to competitor activity, rate of exchange and various other relevant factors.
• Determine “first line” pricing management decisions, within established parameters according to segment, based on an understanding of margins to be achieved.
• Assist sales team with pricing decisions and price list management by calculating viable discounts and promotions within agreed parameters.
Maximise stock efficiencies:
• Manage stock days and aged inventory as per allocated budget.
• Meeting vendor inventory requirements, thereby maximising potential vendor rebates.
• Resolve stock issues experienced by facilitating solutions, which do not negatively impact profit margins.
• Ensure optimum stock levels in order to maximize sales potential (use Netstock).
• Proactively implement action plans for ageing inventory.
• Develop a channel to sell the product into.
• Implement plans to drive product sales, ensuring MDF budgets are not exceeded.
• Analyse competitor activity to assist in formulating effective promotion deals.
• Present to the Vendor to motivate for funding, achieving approval for planned interventions.
• Meet with the Marketing team, communicating the agreed focus of the marketing initiatives; for them to plan and execute accordingly.
• Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders at the Marketing events to achieve effective promotion of the Product.
• Drive promotions, flyers and other branding initiatives, complying with allocated budget.
• Align with company sales structure and strategic growth areas to achieve sales growth.
• Promote allocated products within the Sales team, enabling an understanding and appreciation of the product, which will facilitate the sales process.
• Conduct training workshops for the sales team, conveying an understanding of the positioning of the product and potential markets.
• Arrange product certification for members of the sales and technical team, as appropriate.
• Provide supporting documentation and tools relating to the product which are easily accessible for use by the sales team.
• Assist members of the sales team with presentations to prospective clients, as requested, promoting the product to achieve sales.
• Provide specialist product knowledge to client, as required by the sales team, conveying a clear understanding in terms of the product’s ability to address the client’s needs.
• Agree individual development plan annually with the Department Head / Manager, focusing on skills gaps identified in performance discussions.
• Attend training scheduled according to the development plan, demonstrating skills and knowledge acquired.
• Ensure that functional knowledge is relevant and continually updated.
• Use initiative to research relevant information in order to keep abreast with changes and new developments in the field.
• Exhibit a commitment to learning from others within the team.
• Ensure that functional knowledge is relevant and continually updated by attending weekly training sessions when offered.
• Attend Vendor training on new products, achieving certification to ensure that rebates are awarded.
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of all aspects related to Product, including its segmentation as well as its technical attributes.
Qualifications and Competencies required
• Grade 12 and Bcom degree
• Minimum 3-4 years related working experience required.
• Cisco CCDA, Cisco CCNP or CCDP
• Cisco Security and Data Centre certifications would be an advantage
• IT/Technology Product Management experience
• Good understanding of Distribution and Experience at Distributor/Reseller level;
• Product knowledge
• Technology certified – carry all vendor certifications
• Financial and business acumen
• Excellent reporting skills
• Effective people management
• Strong analytical skills
• Advanced Excel skills
• Excellent presentation and training skills
• Experience in brand marketing
• Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills
• Strong planning and organizing skills
• Enthusiastically productive
• Ability to build relationships with Sales teams and customer sales
• Ability to take own initiative
• Conflict Management
• Ability to cope with stress
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Polite and professional conduct