Reports to: Chief technology Officer
Purpose: The “hands-on” programme manager is responsible, for delivering change. The role requires effective co-ordination of the programme’s projects and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. It also includes the co-ordination of the new capability for the business to enable effective change and realisation of projected benefits. The programme manager is also responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the programme.
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the programme's governance arrangements
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure and development planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Managing the programme's budget on behalf of the CTO, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
- Facilitating & coordinating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme's individual projects
- Managing all third party contributions to the programme where appropriate
- Proactive managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing and communicate all risks and issues to the programme's successful outcome
- Working with the business to manage change on the transition to the new business systems or as usual position
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the stakeholders, sponsors and executives or shareholders where and when needed or defined
|Qualifications and Experience|
- Diploma / degree level with a professional project management qualification
- Extensive experience in an Agile (Scrum) driven organisation
- Project Management Accreditation. Prince2 or Agile Methodologies
- High Level computer literacy- Excel, MS Project, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Performance driven, and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify patterns and trends in data.
- Able to listen, translate and summarise detail as well as work within detail.
- Experience within a Customer service operation
- Experience within a Financial Services/Banking Company
- A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using extensive Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel and including vendors
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value