Reports to: Head of Delivery
Purpose: Manage delivery of projects to meet the defined benefits and ensure that the project produces the required deliverables, to the agreed standard of quality and within the specified constraints of cost, risk and time.
- Be the Project management lead for a number of projects
- Handle day-to-day project management within a Global Multinational Customer Services Operation
- Work across a range of projects (e.g. major features, new products, remediation, product retirement) to develop, agree, manage and monitor specific project plans to ensure delivery against the overall product roadmap
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to understand the needs of the business and communicate project requirements to minimise exposure to risks
- Ensure follow up documentation is complete and actions/status updates are complete so that the overall implementation remains on track
- Identify and champion project management best practice, encouraging innovation and sharing knowledge, to maximise efficiency and effective delivery of projects
- Apply practices, procedures and standards to ensure activities and decisions are compliant, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Facilitate regular project meetings with business stakeholders and product team to ensure all parties are kept informed, work is co-ordinated , risks/issues are flagged and escalated in a timely manner
- Coordinating and managing a set of projects/and or activities that have some common factor or dependency between them as a unit so that they deliver the required outcomes
|Qualifications and Experience|
- Diploma / degree level with a professional project management qualification
- Accreditation to PMI, Prince2 or PMP
- High Level computer literacy- Excel, MS Project, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Performance driven, and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify patterns and trends in data.
- Able to listen, translate and summarise detail as well as work within detail.
- Experience within a Customer service operation
- Experience within a Financial Services/Banking Company
- A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value