Critical Performance Areas:
The successful candidate will have the following critical performance areas:
- Constructing and/or critically analysing financial models (eg: product pricing, curve stripping, scenario analysis)
- Process-design, -analysis, -testing, development and –troubleshooting in pricing/risk-analysis
- Systems-capability/fit analysis in the area of pricing/risk-analysis
- Implementing production-ready, supportable applications which comply with agreed upon standard
- Assisting in product-implementations with the responsibility for validating/constructing pricing and scenario-analysis
- Mathematical, actuarial, physics or engineering tertiary degree would be suitable
- C# / Java coding experience
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL databases
- Experience implementing numerical methods an advantage
- The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving and analytical abilities, related to the technology providing risk/pricing solutions (process-design, testing methods, model-coding, troubleshooting, and capability-analysis).
- S/he must be able to function independently, as well as work well in a team. S/he will need excellent communication- and planning-skills, required to effectively extract business requirements (by, for example, sitting with a trader to understand a mathematical/risk-analytical problem) and convert into suitable analysis and development tasks, as well as to communicate between stakeholders (user, developer, desk head). Some measure of fearlessness/assertiveness and persistence is required to do this efficiently in a front-office environment.
- S/he will need to be able to drive projects, and effectively manage dependencies on other areas of the bank
- S/he will need the ability to interpret (and create where needed) functional specifications / use-case diagrams / user stories to assist the developers in creating solutions (following an accepted standard (UML))