Reporting Production Analyst
We are seeking a well-rounded data analyst to join the team who will be involved with analyzing and specifying new projects, as well as improving and upgrading existing reporting solutions for the customer. The analyst will draw on a variety of problem solving abilities, advanced SQL and other technical skills, and will involve working directly with clients, and producing custom solutions to meet their needs.
- The Fact Sheets team is responsible for the monthly automated production of fact sheets for clients. At a high level, this process involves 1) Ingesting client data files, in a variety of formats. 2) Transforming and loading the client data into our standard database structure. 3) Adjusting and maintaining the fact sheet templates according to client requirements. 4) Extracting monthly data into the fact sheet templates and producing batches of fact sheets.
- Analyze the client’s reporting requirements from a data, formatting, and report workflow perspective
- Create and configure ETL load jobs for data ingestion into a standard data schema
- Configure our custom web based tools and report layouts based on client specifications, and facilitate fully automated report production
- Monitor production runs to ensure accuracy and on-time delivery of reports
- Engage in regular interaction with clients, to ensure that they’re being kept up-to-date on project and document production delivery
- The ability to ask questions or escalate to find solutions where appropriate
- For the right candidates, there is the opportunity to take a leadership role in developing solutions
- Ability to analyze a client’s report specification and convert it to a functional specification that can be tracked, costed, and implemented
- Application configuration based on functional specification
- SQL Server development – required to write and debug advanced SQL, experience with functions, stored procedures, tables, views, and data structures such as xml, json, and csv.
- Proven knowledge of fault-finding methodologies and approach for root cause analysis
- Client liaison and etiquette, with a mindset of delivering a positive customer experience
- High quality communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and presentation skills
- Broad experience in a variety of technical environments
- Attention to detail, and the ability to quickly grasp complex technical issues
- Ability to work well under pressure within a team context
- The ability to mentor or guide less experienced team members will be looked upon favourably
- Information Systems or Engineering related degrees preferred
- 2-5 years experience
- Experience in a financial services environment preferred