Risk and Security Analyst
Closing date: 31 Dec 2017
You will be responsible for performing various activities relating to Information Security and IT Risk Management to support the IT Risk, Security and Audit Function. These activities may include ensuring:
- Security related legal and regulatory requirements are embedded in the management of IT and IT operations.
- Risk and Security Awareness within Pepkor IT and the Pepkor group.
- Risk and Security industry threat analysis and alerting into Pepkor IT.
- Approved Risk & security policies and related standards and controls are maintained and implemented across environments.
- Information security, security awareness & compliance maturity is improved.
- Building IT risk management and an information & cybersecurity capability across Pepkor IT environments.
- Provide on-going security, risk, awareness, audit and compliance support within Pepkor IT.
- Coordinate operational input and produce reports to support the IT Risk & Security Function for the Executive Board’s attention.
- Coordinate Compliance activities e.g. PCI and Popi.
- The natural tendency to take ownership and responsibility and run with an activity/task.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to simplify complex items.
- Ability to influence.
- The ability to form sound relationships with management and colleagues.
- Creative, lateral and logical thinker.
- Enquiring mind.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to make quick, sound decisions.
- Team player.
- Consider the bigger picture as well as the detail, when making decisions.
- Strong problem solving, effective planning and organisational skills.
- Be motivating, inspiring and influential.
- Above all, be passionate about what you do.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Formal tertiary qualification will be to your advantage in the field of security i.e. BTech degree or alike in Information Security.
- CISSP certification or cybersecurity certification would count in your favour.
- Experience in security architecture would be beneficial.
- +- 1-3 Years of experience in cybersecurity, information security, IT risk, audit and compliance.
- Exposure to Risk and security principles/ guidelines/ implementations.
- Understanding of Risk and security threats.
- Understand of PCI, Popi and other compliance.