The Scrum Master is responsible for coordinating a team of developers, QA and BA to deliver high quality software solutions and projects within an agile development lifecycle.
- Significant Scrum Master experience.
- Experience in rolling out Agile / Scrum into newer teams.
- Exposure to the full software life cycle.
- Software and integration architecture experience.
- Experience working with developers to create high performance, scalable, reliable applications.
- Proven experience meeting release deadlines.
- Strategic thinker and good conceptual skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Critical evaluation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good business acumen.
- Project management capability - to co-ordinate between business, technology, support teams, suppliers and clients to ensure deliverables are met timeously, effectively and efficiently.
- Very good Excel and experience of Word and Power Point.
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile & telecoms industry is a bonus.
Duties and responsibilities:
To optimize and drive the delivery teams toward new opportunities, product development and to ensure the adoption of the agile framework within the business.
The Scrum Master will do things like ensuring scrums occur, organising sprint planning meetings, retrospectives etc. The Scrum Master will also be able to explain to management what the team is doing and why the team members cannot be poached off onto other projects until the sprint finishes. So, one person should easily be able to be Scrum Master for 3 teams, and still have time left over to either do management type jobs (holiday requests, procedures, attending meetings with directors, etc.), or be free to contribute to the development resources of the team.
The Scrum Master is a facilitative team leader who ensures that the team adheres to its chosen process and removes blocking issues.
- Coach the team on the Scrum framework/practices: sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint review, sprint retrospective.
- Coach team members and key stakeholders who are new to Scrum/Agile.
- Enable and support Agile adoption within the business.
- Support the Product Owner(s) to deliver a clear and prioritized backlog of work items.
- Facilitate and enable proactive communication – both within the Scrum team and between the various stakeholders
- Manage conflict and unblock the team to ensure delivery of the sprint goals.
- Work closely with the Product Owner and senior management to ensure business and technical processes align
- Proactively facilitate a learning environment within the teams.
- Ensures that the team is fully functional and productive.
- Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions.
- Removes barriers.
- Shields the team from external interferences.
- Ensures that the process is followed, including issuing invitations to daily scrums, sprint reviews, and sprint planning.
- Facilitates the daily scrums.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently and with a dynamic and ambitious team.
- Interact with a variety of personalities types and skillsets, both from a technical and business perspective. Facilitation skills are key.
- Ability to manage deadlines and expectations.
- Able to guide Product Owners toward an achievable solution and deliver on the MVP.
- Well-spoken with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive, fun and motivated attitude.
- Applicant should be able to manage and resolve conflicts.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with genuine interest in technology and growing the team.
- Can work with little supervision, proactive and takes on responsibility.
- Agile Certification – CSM and / or CSPO.
- Project Management qualification