We are looking for the right blend of skills, experience ideas and, above all, the right attitude to help us create even better products! If you have real world experience of supporting small teams to get results, through the appropriate application of agile and lean principles, then we'd love to hear from you!
What does my typical week look like?
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) OR Certified Scrum Master (CSM)/ Professional Scrum Master (PSM I or PSM II) OR PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner
- You have at least 6 years’ experience working in an Agile team – either as a development team member or Scrum Master.
- Confident and positive
- Comfortable with, and encourage, change for directed improvement
- A people person – you love people and getting to know them
- A Team player
- Having a healthy curiosity and a quick learner
- An exceptional communicator, and have a preference for face-to-face conversations
There is no such thing as a typical week! The environment is fast-paced and you will constantly be challenged in new ways, but here are some of the things that will be expected of you in your role:
Helping teams to perform on a daily basis
- You act as a servant leader; working across teams and helping them become healthy and high-performing.
- You actively facilitate discussions and workshops ensuring a common understanding is reached, and helping to drive decision making and ownership.
- You help create a high trust, safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgement.
- You are always mindful of team dynamics and look for opportunities to address bad patterns and uncover risks.
- You ask powerful questions in order to identify impediments and problems, and you empower teams to solve them, providing any support they might need.
- You influence the generation and capture of data such that teams can track and report relevant performance metrics.
- You encourage the adoption of cooperative working practices, and set the bar high when it comes to rigour and discipline.
- You work with the UK Engineering leadership team, Scrum Masters and delivery teams, to help to create an environment in which everyone can perform and thrive.
- You employ a variety of tools to encourage and foster collaboration and shared ownership of goals and outcomes.
- You guide UK Engineering teams, helping them to adopt the Agile practices, processes and ceremonies and get the best out of them.
- You understand what better looks like, and constantly look for ways to help teams to learn, experiment, adapt and improve.
- You encourage a culture of constructive feedback, which you use to build better teams, coach individuals and drive your own development.
- You demonstrate and promote principles and values that you believe in, and you work to foster these values in others.
- You cultivate meaningful relationships which allow you to motivate, influence and encourage a shared purpose within your teams.
Defining the future of the company and promoting an Agile mindset
- You act as a role-model, constantly looking for ways to raise maturity and improve outcomes for our customers and the organisation as a whole.
- You assess the maturity and agility of teams, and help them to transition from doing agile to being agile.
- You work with the Scrum Masters, other Agile Coaches and the leadership team to build a collaborative culture and promote an agile mindset.
- You take a core role within the Agile Community of Practice.
Being an all-round rock star!
- You understand the operational responsibilities of the role and bring a pragmatic and flexible approach to your work.
- You are self-motivated and work under your own initiative – thinking and acting beyond the scope of immediate responsibilities, and learning from experience and mistakes.
|What type of person are you?|
- You have a deep understanding of the Agile Principles including an appreciation for why fast feedback, collaboration,
- empowering teams and continuous improvement are important
- Fear of failure has never stopped you from trying something new, and you have no problem admitting your mistakes, and you accept the same for your teams
- You have strong self-awareness, emotional intelligence and intuition, which makes you a natural at gaining trust, resolving conflict and finding a way forward.
- You are approachable and build supportive, open and encouraging relationships, sharing information and consulting with other team members
- You are an exceptional communicator, and adapt your communication style to suit the channel and audience - whether they are developers or business stakeholders
- You up-hold the agile values of honesty and transparency and help to create a safe environment for teams to share ideas and challenge one another.
- You have worked in a software development environment, ideally within ecommerce or finance / fin-tech.
|Core competencies for this role|
- Integrity & Trust (Principled)
- Pursue Goals with Energy & Passion (Positive)
- Focus on Customers (People focused)
- Culture & Collaboration
- Planning & Organising
- Creativity & Innovation