Are you able to confidently implement security standards, policies and procedures? Do you know how to protect all elements of a business from internal and external risk?
We're recruiting for a Security Architect who is able to secure information by determining security requirements, planning, implementing and testing security systems, preparing security standards, policies and procedures and mentoring team members.
The essential responsibilities for this role include:
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions
- Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption
- Identifies implementation risks and analyses potential impact on the Security and on the achievement of scheduled objectives
- Keeps current with technology updates to ensure technology opportunities are leverage and adds value to the business
The essential requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or higher
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification , Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or similar
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Ability to establish, implement and enforce appropriate IT standards to meet business requirements
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems
- Understands specialty equipment, keeps knowledge up-to-date, is a technical resource for others, follows technology practices and standards
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with multiple levels of staff.
- Network Security , Information Security Policies, Networking standards
- Ability to be assertive in the implementation of security standards, policies and procedures
- Ability to bravely offer innovative suggestions, with persuasion