Job title Senior Analyst (Private Equity)
Reports to Head of Independent Valuation
Job location Cape Town
Required qualification Finance/accounting qualification. Studying towards CFA or CA/CFA qualification an advantage.
Experience 3-5 years
Purpose of job:
Analyse and value unlisted companies typically owned by private equity funds as well as supervise staff performing such valuations.
Other key responsibilities Assist the rest of the Independent Valuation team as necessary.
Liaise with clients as necessary to ensure the completion of timely and high quality deliverables
- Conduct research into market and industry conditions in which an entity operates.
- Analyse both entity and market information to identify major valuation drivers and risks
- Assist and train staff members on the job to develop their analytical skills
- Calculate the value of an entity using recognised valuation methods
- Review valuation models prepared by other team members
- Prepare and review high quality, insightful valuation reports
- Present results of work internally/externally
- Discuss draft reports with clients and resolve any queries efficiently
- Guide staff in the resolution of queries in such manner that it improves their understanding of the subject matter
- Compile or review information required for quarterly reporting if required
- Form part of due diligence team as necessary
- Improve client reporting
- Be involved in producing cutting edge and independent research
- Prepare and present training as required
- Research and write, high quality articles for publication in marketing material