Assists BA and Architect to translate strategic decisions into business solutions. Coaches and provides higher-level support to a team of developers. Develops Business Intelligence solutions using the Microsoft BI toolset (SQL Server 2012/2014, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS & SharePoint 2013).Assists with analysis and design of new systems and databases. Designs & documents technical specifications/program specifications. Provides sizing and scoping for development work required.
Perform unit testing and assist with QA testing using test plans.
Role Description & Key Result Areas:Key Result Areas:
- Coaches a team of developers.
- Provides higher-level technical and programming support to other developers
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods up to a maximum of 1 year.
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Accepts and lives the company values.
- Assists BA and Architect to translate strategic decisions into business solutions
- Assists with analysis and design of new systems and databases.
- Could advise management on effective applications, covering areas such as maintenance, support, and data management requirements.
- Designs & documents technical specifications/program specifications.
- Provides sizing and scoping for development work required.
- Develop Business Intelligence solutions using the Microsoft BI toolset (SQL Server 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS & SharePoint 2013).
- Ensures technical integrity of the solution
- Ensures that all system changes align with coding standards and principles
- Assists Business Analysts in developing test plans.
- Perform unit testing and assist with QA testing using test plans.
- Degree or IT diploma required
- 3-5 years experienced in BI software development using the MS BI toolset (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Experience with SharePoint advantageous
- Relevant business working experience in the IT environment, preferably in the financial services sector.
- Experience in working with the Kimball data modelling methodology
- Must be able to effectively work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as and when required.
- Leading with Influence
- Innovation (Perspective)
- Customer First
- Personal Mastery (Learning)
- Collaboration (Relating)