As a senior Android developer with our client, you will be the lead developer of all their Android apps, together with another Android developer and occasional assistance from their CTO.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Required experience and skills:
- At least 4 years of Android experience.
- Published at least one app on the Play Store yourself.
- Detailed understanding of the Activity, Fragment, Service and View lifecycles.
- Detailed understanding of multithreading in Java.
- Experience working with JSON APIs.
- Experience with Firebase cloud messaging.
- Writing unit and functional tests.
- Familiar with modern version control tools such as Git.
- Ability to suggest time estimates and plan technical work from brief business requirements, without detailed specifications.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience and skills that would be a plus:
- Experience with Realm mobile database.
- Experience with popular third–party Android libraries: Retrofit, Gson, ButterKnife, JodaTime, RxJava, EventBus and others.
- Recording and writing Espresso UI tests.
- Interest in Kotlin.
NOTE: When applying, please include links to previous works or your GitHub account. Please describe your role and contribution to these projects.
Those are the skills, but we put a lot of emphasis on finding people that fit our team, and our culture. You're tailor–made for them if you're:
- Pro–active – No waiting around being told what to do
- Obsessed with being the best – You don't need to be told to make it better, you seek out opportunities to do so
- Committed – We serve clients around the world, and there are times when you need to engage out of hours
- Friendly – We're a small office. Personality is worth its weight in gold
- A fast learner – we'll help you get started. You’ll get support. But you need to want to grow and improve and enhance your skills. Trust us, there’s no ceiling at our client
- A leader and guide– we have a learning culture, and you may be asked to help others develop their skills based on your knowledge and experience