Appropriate degree, diploma or certification i.e. Computer Science degree or diploma, Software Development Course Certification.
Technical Competencies and Experience
- 5 or more years experience in developing object-oriented PHP 5 based applications.
- 5 or more years experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony2 PHP MVC framework a bonus).
- 1 or more years developing with the Git Source Code Management system.
- 1 or more years working on Linux operating systems.
- Experience with Test Driven Design methodologies.
- Organised and methodical developer who believes that writing beautiful code is just as important as the code functionality.
- Specification and development of the ongoing new functionality of the client's web backend systems in PHP, Symfony 2,and MySQL.
- Maintenance (enhancements, bug fixing) of existing functionality within client's backend systems.
- Deliver work on time and within budget.
- Code management with Git.
Here's what we are looking for in candidates for this job
- A software developer who likes a challenge and thrives on solving the "tough" problems.
- Driven to learning new technologies and appreciates that development practices are continuously evolving and you are willing to evolve with them.
- Strong belief that anything worth doing, is worth doing to the best of your ability.