Are you a motivated self starter with a passion for IT/Information Systems seeking to develop a career in Business Intelligence (BI)/Business Analytics(BA)? Join a dynamic team as BI/BA Developer to develop, implement and support BI/BA application solutions.
This is an opportunity to grow and develop into a business analytics consultant.
Education and Experience
- 3 - 5 years experience
- Tertiary qualification will be an advantage, preferably with IT knowledge.
- Interest in BI/BA tools specifically with Cognos TM1 and/or Cognos BI, Microsoft SQL/Server and/or PowerBI will be an advantage.
- System support of IBM Cognos, PowerBI applications in a global environment.
- Liaise with Business Unit financial stakeholders to optimize reporting and analysis.
- Maintain and improve all Cognos/PowerBI assets, including Cubes, Dimensions, Rules, TI Processes.
- Maintain and improve reporting suites.
- Train, develop and support other business users using IBM Cognos/ Power BI.
- Ensure updated documents of all procedures, processes, rules and definitions are maintained.
- TM1 is not essential but advantageous
- Cognos or PowerBI
- CDM, FSR, ERP and or finance ERP, data warehousing, data toolkits
- finance reporting
- write, design, implement, review reports.
The candidate must have:
• Good general computing knowledge, troubleshooting and support capability on the Microsoft Windows platform, a good understanding of networking fundamentals, familiar with application installation
• A strong sense of responsibility and integrity
• A good understanding of relational databases and working knowledge of MS SQL is required
• The candidate must have programming ability with knowledge of software development
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines.
Over and above technical skills the candidate will be required to interact with business users and will require good communication and people skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a specialised team that