The key responsibilities of this role will focus on the architecture, technical leadership, solution delivery, support and very importantly, the quality of these solutions. We are therefore seeking an energetic and committed individual that is a self-starter and who works well independently as well within a team context. Your knowledge of, and experience in designing and developing end-to-end solutions, together with your ability to learn new technologies, will be invaluable and of the utmost importance.
Education & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
• Proven experience providing architectural direction and technical leadership
• Recent experience in the following is essential:
o Minimum 3 - 5 years Delphi application development and design experience
o Experience in using Developer Express Components
o Good knowledge of Client/Server applications with Façade design pattern
o Applying object-oriented design concepts and writing modular OO applications
• Developing and integrating solutions with SOAP and/or RESTful web services using either XML and/or JSON formats.
o Good experience with build processes and related software e.g. Finalbuilder
o Working with post-relational and relational SQL databases
o MSSQL with Advanced SQL experience, modifying & creating database queries, writing of Stored Procedures, Triggers and Views.
• Experience in the following is very advantageous:
o Prior experience with Bootstrap, jQuery, Node.js or MVC framework such as React or AngularJS
o Working knowledge of PostgreSQL.
o Git source control
o Working knowledge of Atlassian Jira and Confluence advantageous
o Building Java based applications
Key Areas of Responsibility (but not limited to):
• Review requirements and specifications
• Solution design
• Actively participate in development discussions and planning
• Develop work estimates as part of Scrum planning
• Enhance, maintain and support the current applications
• Debug and / or refactor existing applications and software modules as required
• Develop clean, modular Delphi applications in an agile and ever-changing environment
• Help drive the application modernization and migration initiatives to successful conclusion
• Interact with other technical staff such as IT, quality assurance, and technical writers
• Support and mentor junior team members
• Be willing to work evenings and/or weekends to meet project deadlines or attend to urgent support issues
• Quickly respond to critical support issue