|Senior Java Developer, Distribution Technology |
We are a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, and providing a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
About Our Tech
Do you like working with top IT professionals where everyone has an opportunity to collaborate, share ideas and work on leading-edge technologies? Do you thrive in an environment where you are part of a team implementing innovative technology solutions for clients and employees? Our IT division is a global organization with 1300+ employees working together to serve the business. We value everyone’s ideas and input and provide opportunities to develop skills. If this sounds like a team you want to be a part of, read on to learn more about the opportunity to join us.
Senior Java Engineer, Distribution Technology
The Senior Java Developer will be part of a fast-paced agile Java development team, building and supporting our European digital web properties and applications. The role is key to driving strategic sales and marketing initiatives in the EMEA region for the business.
The Engineer will help in enabling the transition to our latest technology stack and CMS, leveraging a micro-services architecture with open standards using modern DevOps tools and practices. In this very hands-on role, the Engineer will be working with business stakeholders and project managers to understand the requirements, formulate technical designs, and implement and test solutions while ensuring compliance to requirements and technical standards.
Candidates applying to the engineer role enjoy collaborating with a diverse and talented group of team members in providing innovative technical solutions. They must have demonstrated excellence in areas consistent with the Java EE architecture, with a proven track record of satisfying team requirements and exceeding expectations. The candidate must be passionate about speed, quality, automation, and continuous delivery. Our team continuously learns as new technologies evolve, so the ideal candidate is passionate about frequently acquiring and mastering new skills.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Design and develop Java EE application components with minimal supervision (this role is ~80% development).
- Participate in technical reviews as part of the development process.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings, back log grooming and sprint planning sessions.
- Collaborate with the global team in continuous improvement efforts.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to noise, dust and temperatures.
- The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 10 pounds is also necessary.
- Normally works a regular schedule of hours, however hours may vary depending upon the project or assignment.
- Hours may include evenings and/or weekends and may include 24 hour a day on call support by pager and/or cell phone.
- Able and willing to travel both domestically and internationally. Frequency and duration to be determined by manager. Estimate: 10-20%.
WORK EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
- 5-7+ years’ experience in software development, specifically in JEE arena
- In-depth experience with OO design and development
- In-depth experience with EE Integration: SOAP, REST and SQL
- In-depth experience with EE technologies: Spring, Spring MVC, JPA (Hibernate), JSP, JMS, JNDI, and JSTL
- In-depth experience with EE Application Servers (Apache Tomcat a plus)
- Familiar with web application security best practices
- Familiar with software development methodologies
- Familiar with Agile software development (Scrum is a plus)
- Familiar with build tools: Log4j, Ant, Maven and Gradle
- Familiar with the Eclipse IDE
- Familiar with Spring Boot
- Knowledge of Microservices
- Knowledge of Apache Solr search engine a plus
- Knowledge of MVC templating (ThymeLeaf, Freemarker, or Velocity are a plus)
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry a plus
SKILLS / OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong technical presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and requests.
- Able to work in a global, multicultural environment
- Able to influence and build relationships at all levels of staff
- Must demonstrate a strong customer-focused attitude
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Structured, disciplined approach to work, with attention to detail
- Good inter-personal skills combined with willingness to listen
- Flexible – able to meet changing requirements and priorities
- Self-motivated. Capable of working with little or no supervision
- Ability to react positively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Maintenance of up-to-date knowledge in the appropriate technical areas
- Enjoy challenging and thought provoking work and have a strong desire to learn and progress
FORMAL EDUCATION: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS – INVESCO CORE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Please refer to IPMP manual for competence descriptions
- We are passionate about our clients’ success
- Working together, we achieve more
- We believe in the continuous pursuit of performance excellence
- We earn trust by acting with integrity
- People are the foundation of our success