As a senior front–end developer in our clients team, you will be leading the development of our internal and public–facing web apps. These are built primarily with Angular, talking to a Python and Django Rest Framework backend. Occasionally, you may also be asked (very nicely) to work with other departments (variety is the spice of life).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Required experience and skills:
- Experience with jQuery.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Familiar with web application security risks - and solutions to these.
- Familiar with modern version control tools such as Git.
- Writing unit and functional tests for web applications.
- Ability to suggest time estimates and plan technical work from brief business requirements, without detailed specifications.
Experience and skills that would be a plus:
- Experience with latest versions of Angular.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS or LESS.
- Reading Python code – just enough to have a quick look at the backend API code.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools like Photoshop or GIMP, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Deploying web applications on Linux servers, AWS or Google Cloud.
- Setting up simple websites with Joomla, Wordpress or other similar CMSs.
- Working both independently and leading a small team of developers.
NOTE: When applying, please include links to previous works or your github account. Please describe your role and contribution to these projects.
Those are the skills, but we put a lot of emphasis on finding people that fit our team, and our culture. You're tailor–made for eventcloud if you're:
- Pro–active – No waiting around being told what to do
- Obsessed with being the best – You don't need to be told to make it better, you seek out opportunities to do so
- Committed – They serve clients around the world, and there are times when you need to engage out of hours
- Friendly – They're a small office. Personality is worth its weight in gold
- A fast learner – They'll help you get started. You’ll get support. But you need to want to grow and improve and enhance your skills.
- A leader and guide– we have a learning culture, and you may be asked to help others develop their skills based on your knowledge and experience
We know we ask a lot. But we also offer a lot:
- Full medical insurance.
- Better than average compensation.
- The chance to work in the most incredible collaborative space in Cape Town.
- Your birthday off every year and a host of perks (the bar opens at 4 on a Friday).
- Flexible work hours (no one likes Cape Town traffic).
- The opportunity to work with a company that’s aiming for nothing less than global domination (with a smile of course).
- To be part of a driven, global team who wake up singing "everything is awesome" in a non–creepy way.