CORE PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To plan, execute, supervise and monitor the information technology audits performed by the Internal Audit Department and to ensure that all legal, statutory, other risks are appropriately managed.
MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB INCLUDE:
• Coaching junior staff on IT audit and related issues when required
• Assesses employee performance when subordinates assigned on a project by project basis
• Maintains effective working relations with Operational Management.
• Continuously improve the levels of internal audit services.
• Preparation of annual IT internal audit plan through the identification and assessment of business risks/issues including proposals in respect of audit areas to be included in the plan.
• Determines/adapts audit approaches for each IT audit or project in line with set audit objectives.
• Develop Audit Planning Memoranda (APM).
• Drafts IT audit programmes in accordance with accepted audit practices.
• Collates documents using standard, pre-determined working papers ,which adhere to Internal Audit standards.
• Coordinates Housekeeping arrangements as and when required
Field Work Performance
• Documents and evaluates IT walkthroughs and controls for the various activities / processes identified for IT Audit
• Prepares risk and control matrixes
• Prepares working papers according to audit standards documenting all procedures performed
• Evaluates and Communicates IT audit results
• Follows up previous IT audit reports highlighting non-rectification deficiencies.
Field Work Review
• Where subordinates assigned reviews subordinates fieldwork in terms of completeness and adequacy of working papers and assesses available information
• Raises appropriate review notes
• Ensures all queries raised in reviews are adequately cleared prior to submission of report
• Conducts a follow up on previously unresolved matters
• Maintains effective quality control by reviewing and ensuring internal audit standards have been met and the objectives of the specific assignment achieved
• Accounts for reports being edited and approved for final issue.
Reporting Audit Results
• Drafts evaluated audit results using Internal Audit reporting format.
• Prepares final audit files and ensures adequate safe keeping.
• Prepares submissions on IT audit and related issues to various committees including Audit Committee, IT Steering Committee and EXCO.
Management of Internal Audit Department Data Analytics Process
• Maintains and enhances current data extraction tool
• Trains Internal Audit staff on use of data extraction tool
• Writes new routines
• Enhances existing routines
• A BCom degree, CIA/ CISA or equivalent will be required in order to meet the requirements of the role at the highest level of competence.
• Also a complete period of traineeship(Articles) with Firm of Auditors will be required
• A minimum 5 years Information Technology Auditing experience
• Information Technology Auditing techniques
• International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
• Computer programme (Spreadsheets, Word Processing, CAATS and Database)
• Understanding of policies and procedures
• Control objectives for information and Related Technologies (COBIT)
• Attention to detail
• Negotiation skills
• Communication ( verbal and written)
• Customer orientated
• Quality assurance
• Analytical ability
• Computer literacy
• Ability to work under pressure
• Deadline driven
• Time management