This role is responsible for the delivery of a variety of IT services to support the business objectives of Solution Delivery. The successful incumbent will also be responsible for people management and development, financial management, project leadership and strategy.
GENERIC KEY RESULT AREAS
- Responsible for the financial management of the area, including budget and expense monitoring.
IT Service Delivery Management
- Ensures continuous service and systems security.
- Oversees the functional unit and is accountable for the efficient operation of the area.
- Provides operational and tactical focus for IT resources.
- Responsible for aligning technology and technology support to business needs.
- Contributes to communication and change management within line structures.
- Develops MOs and specialists under supervision.
- Drives operational excellence through area of supervision.
- Manages service delivery through a team of managers.
- Holds first line managers accountable for managerial work, including selection, performance management and talent management.
- Individually accountable for execution of strategy.
- Selects potential managers to sustain pipeline.
- Provides consultancy services where required.
Vendor & Contract Management
- Manages the relationship between service providers, including negotiations, contractualisation, service and support (SLAs).
- Matric plus relevant 3 year degree/diploma
- 7 + years relevant IT work experience
- Must have management experience in an IT application environment: Team Management or Project Management
- Must have SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) Knowledge and Experience
- Must have either Software Development or Business Analysis background
- Must have IT Demand Management and IT Delivery Management experience
- Financial management experience is essential
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Adequate stakeholder management experience up to executive level
- Collaboration (Relating)
- Customer First
- Innovation (Perspective)
- Leading with Influence
- Personal Mastery (Learning)