IT Developers write code or parameters to provide software components according to technical specifications. They actively participate in the escalation of live errors and service problems to limit downtime and resolve problems. They recognize and solve inconsistencies in the detailed technical specifications and propose changes.
- Responsible for Java/J2EE/J2SE application development supporting business objectives while providing expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing.
- Analyses, designs and builds component-based applications in a Web/internet delivery environment, including introduction of an application layer, modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, and systematic approaches to application integration.
- Works on new and existing applications along with enhancements web sites, web applications, and infrastructure.
- Performs hands-on coding, mentors junior developers and assists in architecting web content solutions.
- Serves as liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
- Expertise in server-side web presentation technologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline is required, or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- 5 or more years of Java experience managing application design, software development, maintenance and delivery with at least 2 years with application servers; e.g. Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i Application Server; SQL Server; J2EE Application Server; JBoss, IBM Websphere, Tomcat, or BEA Weblogic; Apache.
- Minimum of 3 years technical work experience in a team environment as a programmer.
- Strong relational database experience (DB2, Sybase, SQL, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i). Strong background working in distributed Unix environments.
- Experience designing N-tiered applications, with multi-tier architecture and production Internet architectures.
- Strong experience developing and implementing highly complex technical solutions in a J2EE web environment.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly desirable:
- Sun Certified Developer for Java 2 Platform
- Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform
- Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services
- Java Development Certified Professional
Analysis and attention to detail
Conceptual/Big picture thinking
Customer Service Orientation
Influencing & impact (incl negotiation)
Process and technological competence
Drive for results
Verbal and written communication