- 5+ year’s recent development experience. Formal qualification is a plus.
- Exposure to the full software life cycle.
- Experience developing high performance, scalable, reliable applications.
- Proven experience meeting deadlines and delivering quality code.
- Strong OO design and development skills in core Java.
- Exposure to and interest in modern design patterns.
- Good understanding of the Java thread model.
- Good understanding of the Java networking model.
- Extensive experience with the IoC pattern in general and the Springframework in particular, including its current ecosystem.
- Solid Java SDLC (develop, debug, test, package, publish, deploy) experience.
- Exposure to the agile methodology
- Strong focus on Test-Driven Development, including implementation of unit tests (JUnit, Mockito, PowerMockito) and continous integration (Jenkins).
- Strong JVM configuration and tuning experience.
- Experience with microservices.
- Experience and interest in Vagrant and Docker.
- Application server experience (JBoss/Firefly, etc.)
- C++, Delphi, PHP or other language experience
- Linux (intermediate). Expert with bash scripting experience preferred.
- Version control systems CVS/SVN/GIT (intermediate)
- CentOS/Fedora/RHEL (Bonus)
- High availability experience (Bonus)
- Redmine, Jira, trello or other issue tracking experience
- Experience with AWS technology
- Applicant must be able to interact and work with a dynamic and ambitious team.
- Well-spoken with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive and motivated attitude.
- Applicant has a strong ethos of writing high quality applications they are proud of.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with genuine interest in technology.
- Can work with little supervision, proactive and takes on responsibility for code and applications developed.
- Ability to practice consistent delivery, to a high standard, in a stabled environment.