The Senior Office IT Specialist provides IT and telecom support to local office colleagues, coordinating with other support groups to ensure a seamless experience. He/she builds trusted relationships among all offices users including Office Leadership and acts as a trusted advisor and go-to person during day to day support cases and by communicating and sharing the Firm’s IT tools that are available. Furthermore the Senior Office IT Specialist is capable to engage with CSTs due to his/her sharp knowledge of their needs. The Senior Office IT Specialist is part of the team that is the local face of IT in the office and brings confidence to users through personal knowledge of processes and connections to other support groups. A successful Senior Office IT Specialist anticipates the needs of all users and provides solutions that not only fix issues but make their day to day more efficient whenever possible.
The following are the performance objectives for this position. In assessing competency and fit, all candidates will be benchmarked against these standards.
- Ensure the success of the end to end customer journey of all office users in IT related queries and issues. Provide the best customer service by actively and attentively responding with genuine curiosity, coming up with effective solutions and displaying full ownership when problem solving with other teams. Effectively deliver a customer first attitude and mindset in all scenarios even when details might be vague or unclear. Role model this service mindset to other team members to enhance the overall customer journey.
- Establish him/herself as a trusted partner with all office end users, other support teams and vendors during support cases. Engage in professional communication bridging the office and central IT Support teams, identifying what are the needs of the users and any office issue trends. Collaborate with other Office IT, central IT teams, and vendors to develop and deliver the best possible IT outcomes for the office. Effectively embody an ownership attitude being an account manager for cases and providing follow up even when other teams are involved.
- Maintain the key success metrics associated with IT service delivery in the office. These include:
- Response time
- Service Quality Measures
- Health and Uptime of Office infrastructure (e.g. Servers, Network, Printers, Digital Signage, AV, VC)
- On time planned maintenance or migration delivery
- Customer Satisfaction rating through transactional surveys
- Assess daily issues that arise and assign priority based on information gathered. As issues are reported by users identify all details of the problem including severity and impact. Prioritize resolutions based on this information to minimize the disruption to the user and the firm. At the same time, a Senior Office IT Specialist is constantly identifying issue patterns and finding solutions that fix the root of the problem
- Build and maintain relationships with other support groups to solve issues and launch new ideas and opportunities. Engage with support team members from all service lines to get well thought out, expert solutions seamlessly to office users. Ensure solutions fit into the global IT infrastructure and strategy, and that there are no duplicate efforts. Where appropriate documentation should be written and shared across multiple groups.
- Be a role model supporting the development of team members. Successful Senior Office IT Specialists actively share knowledge with other team members and take a mentor role with junior Specialists. Identify opportunities to improve collaboration and to come with innovative solutions and standardized approaches to assist with quality customer service.
- Deliver new IT solutions to users in local offices. Build opportunities for local users to become aware of new firm approved IT products, assisting with the adoption and deployment within the office. Constantly understanding the needs of users within the office and anticipating how new tools could assist with the day to day work for support colleagues and consultants and assisting to get them set-up to use the tools. Report back to Team Lead/Manager any feedback or patterns that might be immerging from training provided.
- Engage in special IT projects. Play an important role in the project team delivering work in a professional and timely manner. Participate in 1-2 projects at a time to improve the daily functioning of IT within offices, upgrade current infrastructure and assist in office moves when necessary. Make projects impactful by sharing knowledge of users’ needs and communicate this to the larger project group.
- Ensure the proper use of firm resources. Assess cost and use of assets according to firm policies when dealing with support cases and user requests for hardware and software. Proactively and appropriately inform his/her leadership of the need, and make sure ordered equipment or hardware has been correctly budgeted.
- Actively engage in self-learning and self-improvement. Actively seek knowledge of the services and technology within the Firm and the market on his/her own. Use new IT knowledge effectively and efficiently in day to day operations. Examine situations that occur with the intent to improve performance. Open to suggestions for improvement.
- Academic degree, preferably in a technical subject or equivalent education
- Min. 2 years relevant technical experience, ideally in a professional services environment
- English on C1 level and other local language proficiency would be a plus
- Knowledge of standard IT applications across Windows, macOS and iOS
- Ability to explain complex situations in layman’s terms
- Highly developed verbal and written communications in English
- Strong problem-solving skills and tolerance for ambiguity
- The ability to build a customer and ownership focused support culture
- Expertise in exploiting the potential of IT applications to improve working practices and user efficiency
- Experience in supporting large user populations and deployment of various user facing desktop applications and platforms