Senior PHP Developer
|Job Title:||Senior PHP Developer|
|Job Published:||April 05, 2017 13:33|
An opportunity to become part of a dynamic fast growing company that manages and collects subscriptions for over 2 million members across all payment types including debit order, stop order, cash, credit card. Many of our clients are leaders in member based organisations and we develop innovate systems to help them achieve their objectives.
The candidate is expected to maintain, audit and improve the organisational support systems. This requirement holds reference to internal operational systems, as well as system applications using existing systems or incorporating new technologies to meet particular needs, often as advised by our system analysts in cooperation with our project managers. All of these activities will be channelled through the Development Manager, as well as;
· troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality (writing diagnostic programs and designing and writing code for ever improving operating systems and software to ensure efficiency).
· when required, make recommendations for future developments.
· be expected to work in close tandem with the other team players and remain well informed of all projects within the department, understanding that the role of every developer within a group of IT specialists remain dynamic and are forever shifting to find the best fit.
· be involved in researching, designing and writing new software programs;
· test new programs and fault finding;
· evaluate the software, and systems, as part of the testing team
· develop existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification;
· integrating existing software products and getting the various platforms to work together wherever required;
· creating technical specifications and test plans;
· writing and testing code and then refining and rewriting as necessary;
· writing operational documentation in coordination with Project Managers under brief from the Development Manager;
· if and when required, maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects;
· working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic designer, other developers, systems analysts and account managers;
· consulting with colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems;
· maintaining the systems once they are up and running;
· using the internal project management software (Red mine) to plan, prioritise and time the duration of tasks in order to deliver as per the clients requirements.
· become familiar and continue to populate the knowledge base being built in Confluence.
B. Candidate Requirements
Senior Full Stack Web Developer (8+ years)
· Proven software development experience in PHP
· Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as Laravel
· Framework: Laravel 4.2 and higher
· Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL
· Web Servers: IIS, Apache
· Version Control: Git
· Write 'clean', well designed code that is efficient and reusable, following industry best practices
· Develop and deploy new features
· Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
· Some system administration skills to manage a small development server
· Firm grasp of object orientated programming and design
· Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
· Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
· Qualification in Programming and bonus points for BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
C. Required Experience / Skills
C.1 C#: 3 to 4 years
C.2 PHP: 8 to 9 years
C.3 SQL: 5 to 6 years
C.4 Html 5: 3 to 4 years
C.5 Java Script andJ Query: 3 to 4 years