Senior SQL Developer
|Job Title:||Senior SQL Developer|
|Job Published:||August 07, 2017 14:50|
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
5 to 10 years’ IT work experience in programming and/or systems analysis. This must include SQL and ETL
solutions. Have worked in a BI Team.
Fully knowledgeable in MS SQL Server, SSIS and SSRS.
Knowledge and experience in data warehousing and data analytics.
Experience in other BI technologies such as MS Power BI or Qlikview.
Experience in implementation of dimensionally modelled warehouses
Skills and competencies:
• Strong technical skills (Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (or later), SSRS Report development and SSIS ETL development)
•Good understanding of data warehousing and analytical methodologies and solution delivery
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving ability
• Excellent attention to detail
• Shows strong initiative and is results orientated
• Able to work effectively in a team environment
• Is deadline driven and innovative
Duties and responsibilities
• Designs, develops, maintains and enhances SQL applications/ETL, databases, reports and programs;
• Performs data analysis by writing relational and multidimensional database queries;
• Supports other BI applications through the provision of accurate and timely data
• Analyses and manages BI data sources;
• Performs root cause analyses, fixing bugs where required;
• Responds to business requests for data;
• Configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains program codes and applications to support business intelligence processes and functions;
• Understanding of audit and governance requirements and implements these in all systems;
• Perform daily BI maintenance tasks; and
• Documents processes relating to BI solutions
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's