Senior System Administrator
|Job Title:||Senior System Administrator|
|Job Published:||September 26, 2017 10:58|
• Remote management of Linux servers.
• Remote monitoring of Linux servers.
• Reporting on status, health and performance of Linux servers.
• Installation and configuration of the OS and software components.
• Server-side scripting (bash, python etc) to deliver data via endpoints to services.
• Help design innovative new features, and solve difficult problems using novel approaches.
• Rapidly fix bugs and deploy products across a large, distributed family of servers.
• CI and deployment of software.
• Minimum 5 years of Linux Server Administration (They use Ubuntu LTS).
• Minimum 5 years of Server automation using server-side scripting.
• Minimum 5 years of experience with CI build Tools.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Saltstack)
• Minimum 3 years of experience with SQL databases (Mysql, Postgresql).
• Minimum 2 years of experience in cloud services (AWS, Azure).
• Minimum 2 years of experience in programming (Python, C, C++, Java)
• Minimum 2 years network management experience (network stack, network tuning, load balancing, subnets/VLANs)
• Knowledge of No SQL databases is an advantage.
• Ability to self-motivate, to plan and meet deadlines without constant oversight, and find the most elegant solution for a problem.
• Good communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
* Salary range from R40k - R50k depending on experience
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's