Senior System Engineer & Full-Stack Developer
|Job Title:||Senior System Engineer & Full-Stack Developer|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2017 10:37|
We're looking for an excellent-quality system engineer to be responsible for our multi-server infrastructure, continuous integration environment and scaling. They would also form a vital member of our general full-stack development team.
We have a front-end system that supports millions of pageviews per month, and our hotel management and customer service back-end is used by over 16,500 accommodation properties across South Africa to manage their bookings and profiles. With all our software (including call-center and CRM technology) developed in-house, we pride ourselves on delivering a quality eCommerce experience to all our customers.
You'll work in a close-knit dev team, and you'll also be an active and valued member of our wider 100-person strong company of writers, designers, marketers and generally interesting people.
- PHP, MariaDB & Nginx on a multi-server FreeBSD stack
- Continuous integration build process with Ansible for DevOps
- Virtualization used both in development and for our server setups
- We also use Redis, Python, Node.js and C++
Skills and Experience
- Strong Linux / FreeBSD experience.
- Strong web developments skills
- Strong database management skills
- Strong general development experience (Python, C++, PHP, etc)
- Some experience managing continuous integration environments.
- Experience with Asterisk would be bonus
- Experience with office network infrastructure would be a bonus.
Pros of being a developer at TravelGround:
- Dynamic, hard-working company culture.
- Work alongside the some of the brightest and the best Computer Science and Engineering graduates.
- Learn everything there is to know about cutting-edge e-Commerce, web- dev and mobile-dev.
- Full access to company earnings, conversion rates and sales, allowing you to see the immediate affect of your own work on the company's success.
- Our developers are encouraged to participate actively in business strategy and tactics.
- Full sponsorship of any local coding conferences/meetups/seminars you may wish to attend.
- Interact with 90 other non-developers, such as writers, designers, marketers, etc
- Great perks, such as free gym membership (Virgin Active is 70m away!) and monthly half-days.
- The dev team has a chill room with a table-tennis table and a private balcony with a Weber for impromptu lunch-braais. We also have an amazing Jura coffee machine supplied with fresh beans