Senior Unix Administrator
|Job Title:||Senior Unix Administrator|
|Job Published:||July 04, 2017 08:34|
Specialising in complex, cross-border solutions, with 1,300 employees operating from 16 offices across 12 countries.
We are privately owned and fully independent, administering funds for multiple investment managers and sponsors, with over $280 billion in assets under administration.
Summary of the position
The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining all key production environments, with emphasis on stability and security. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring the availability of test and development environments (including the provisioning thereof) as well as maintaining a current DR environment.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Senior Unix Administrator will be responsible for day-to-day support (SOLARIS 10 and 11) which includes:
• OS installation and configuration, including Solaris 10 and 11 on a mixed platform, including SPARC, RISC and x86/x64 based systems;
• OS hardening;
• OS patch and package administration;
• System monitoring CPU, Disk, Memory utilization etc.;
• Periodic system auditing;
• Capacity planning;
• User administration;
• Problem resolution and RCA for system/application issues;
• Ability to write scripts and procedures to automate tasks;
• Strong knowledge of Solaris zones, including resource management and tuning;
• Strong knowledge of Solaris ZFS;
• Knowledge of Solaris SMF;
• Knowledge of the following technologies: NAS, SAN, NFS, iSCSI, CIFS, RAID, DNS, LDAP, TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP
• Disaster recovery/BCP planning, maintenance and testing.
Skills and experience required
• Shell scripting;
• Brocade Webtools;
• San Storage, especially NettApp FC;
The Senior Unix Engineer will report to the to ICT Operations Lead.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's