The Senior Web Developer will report directly to the Head of ICT. This role will be responsible for all web site development which include the enhancement of our public facing company website and our customer portal where our customers interact with us during Sales and Service Delivery.
Our ideal candidate has at least 5-8 years Web Development experience and understands the importance of the Customer/ User experience from a website perspective (front-end). We are looking for a hard-working, tenacious individual, a problem-solver who thinks and works methodically and gives great attention to detail.
Requirements are as follow:
a) Relevant tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electronic Engineering or another related field required. Degree will take preference over diploma/certificate.
b) 5-8 years Web Development experience, including Java-script/ React/ Redux/ HTML, CSS and PHP
c) Must be familiar with Software Development Life Cycle
d) Proficient with best practice source control utilising source control tools like Github
e) Understanding of the importance of Customers experience and ease of use and insight into Customer/ User behaviour.
Key AccountabilitiesWeb based development and enhancement
- Develop and enhance our customer portal: My Journey which is a customised Salesforce customer community written in React and utilising Redux for state management.
- Develop and enhance customer questionnaire, which is a part of My Journey and interfaces with Salesforce.
- Develop and enhance the Public facing website which is currently a WordPress site.
- Develop and enhance any other web-based solutions as required.
- Ensure that all solutions developed offers high quality User Experience.
- Ensure that all solutions adhere to best practise and coding standards that will be easy to maintain and future proof.