Our client is looking for a Linux Server Administrator to join their DevOps team. You will be part of the team responsible for the management and maintenance of their fleet of servers.
- Remote management of Linux servers.
- Remote monitoring of Linux servers.
- Reporting on status, health and performance of Linux servers.
- Installation and configuration of the OS and software compontents.
- Server-side scripting (bash, python etc) to deliver data via endpoints to services.
- Help design innovative new features, and solve difficult problems using novel approaches.
- Rapidly fix bugs and deploy products across a large, distributed family of servers.
- Minimum 3 years of Linux Server Administration (They use Ubuntu LTS).
- Minimum 3 years of Server automation using server-side scripting.
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases.
- Knowledge of No SQL databases is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of networks.
- Ability to self-motivate, to plan and meet deadlines without constant oversight, and find the most elegant solution for a problem.
- Good communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Software development experience will be an advantage.