We require the services of a Sharepoint Developer who will be an effective and efficient member of the IT team.
TYPICAL ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Focusing on maintaining and building our Sharepoint instances to develop the company intranet and extranet capabilities.
- All SharePoint customisation and development, delivering high quality solutions that take advantage of standard web technologies.
- You will design and develop web solutions that enrich the experience for our employees and clients.
- Work with the business stakeholders to support business initiatives through the website.
- Ensure that the solutions are robust, easily maintainable and provide an excellent user experience.
- Design solutions based on established patterns and leading practices around content management, user adoption, governance and change management.
- Ensure they are following best web development practices for development, deployment and testing.
- Work with other members of the team and mentor where appropriate.
- As part of the software development, help to create an environment where all employees enjoy themselves whilst at work and make a real contribution to the success of the department and business as a whole.
- A great SharePoint Web Developer who understands importance of the user experience
- A mentor and coach who is invested in helping those around him to improve their skills
- A team player who will collaborate with Analysts, QA, Developers and other stakeholders to help create the best possible solution for their customers.
- Creativity and strong attention to detail
- A good communicator
- Continually looks for ways to improve the quality and effectiveness of software delivery
- Knowledge of the SharePoint Client Object Model and web service interfaces
- A solid understanding of the SharePoint API
- Understand the out-of-the-box functionality and SharePoint web services
- Knowledge of the following is advantageous:
- Databases: MS SQLServer
Understanding of the following is advantageous but not required
- Source control concepts (Merging, Branching, Publishing)
- Continuous Integration
- Restful Services
Experience in the Architecture, design, construction and configuration of SharePoint based solutions
- Technical Specification Development
- Development of SharePoint web parts
- Development of SharePoint eventhandlers
- Development of SharePoint Designer and Visual Studio SharePoint Workflows
- Development and implementation of Business Connectivity Services
- InfoPath Forms Development
- Development of Custom Web Services
- SharePoint integration into other systems
- Excel Services Implementation
- SQL Reporting Services Report Development
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Computer Science related degree, programming diploma or similar qualification. Microsoft Certifications are advantageous
- Experience working in SharePoint Designer 2007, 2010 and 2013.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies including Scrum
- Experience implementing and deploying custom SharePoint features to enhance out of box SharePoint functionality