SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Required experience and skills:
- Building server-side web applications with Python and Django
- Deploying web applications on Linux servers
- Writing unit and functional tests
- Familiar with modern version control tools such as Git
- Familiar with cross–browser/platform issues and web application security risks – and solutions to these
- Ability to suggest time estimates and plan technical work from brief business requirements, without detailed specifications
Experience and skills that would be a plus:
- Experience with latest versions of Angular
- Configuring and tuning PostgreSQL, Redis, Nginx
- Deploying distributed web applications on AWS or Google Cloud
- Deploying distributed web applications with Docker, Kubernetes or other container managers
- Working both independently and leading a small team of developers
NOTE: When applying, please include links to previous works or your github account
Those are the skills, but they put a lot of emphasis on finding people that fit their team, and their culture. You're tailor–made for our client if you're:
- Pro–active – No waiting around being told what to do
- Obsessed with being the best – You don't need to be told to make it better, you seek out opportunities to do so
- Committed – We serve clients around the world, and there are times when you need to engage out of hours
- Friendly – They're a small office. Personality is worth its weight in gold
- A fast learner – they'll help you get started. You’ll get support. But you need to want to grow and improve and enhance your skills.
- A leader and guide– we have a learning culture, and you may be asked to help others develop their skills based on your knowledge and experience
We know they ask a lot. But they also offer a lot:
- Full medical insurance.
- Better than average compensation.
- The chance to work in the most incredible collaborative space in Cape Town.
- Your birthday off every year and a host of perks (the bar opens at 4 on a Friday).
- Flexible work hours (no one likes Cape Town traffic).
- The opportunity to work with a company that’s aiming for nothing less than global domination (with a smile of course).
- To be part of a driven, global team who wake up singing "everything is awesome" in a non–creepy way.