NB! When applying, please include links to previous works or your github account. Please describe your role and contribution to these projects.
As a senior iOS developer on our clients team, you will be driving the development of all our lients' iOS apps. The majority of this work will be on the new version of the main app, written in Swift with all the latest tools and frameworks. Occasionally it will include bug–fixing older apps written in Objective–C.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Required experience and skills:
- Building iOS apps with Swift
- Building iOS apps with Objective–C
- Familiar with Storyboards and Autolayout
- A clear understanding of multiple Schemes and Targets in a Xcode project
- Experience creating/maintaining Apple developer certificates, identifiers and profiles
- Experience with the publishing workflow on the App Store, including TestFlight
- Experience with CocoaPods
- Writing unit and functional tests
- Familiar with modern version control tools such as Git
- Familiar with the rules and restrictions that Apple demands from developers
- Ability to suggest time estimates and plan technical work from brief business requirements, without detailed specifications
- Ability and willingness (dare we say) desire to help less-experienced but very driven, iOS developers grow their skills
- Bonus points – you've worked in or near the events sector. Heck, you’ve gone to an event and used a provided app or other form of event technology. One thing that makes our client different is that they understand their clients' world. They started there. And they want to ensure that they maintain that connection (in every part of their team)
Experience and skills that would be a plus:
- Experience with Fastlane
- Experience with Realm Mobile Database
- Familiar with Material Design
- Experience with Instruments, the performance–analysis and testing tool
- Working both independently and leading a small team of developers
- Reading Python code – just enough to have a quick look at the backend API code
Those are the skills, but they put a lot of emphasis on finding people that fit their team, and their culture. You're tailor–made for our client if you're:
- Pro–active – No waiting around being told what to do
- Obsessed with being the best – You don't need to be told to make it better, you seek out opportunities to do so
- Committed – We serve clients around the world, and there are times when you need to engage out of hours
- Friendly – We're a small office. Personality is worth its weight in gold
- A fast learner – we'll help you get started. You’ll get support. But you need to want to grow and improve and enhance your skills.
We know they ask a lot. But they also offer a lot:
- Full medical insurance.
- Better than average compensation.
- The chance to work in the most incredible collaborative space in Cape Town.
- Your birthday off every year and a host of perks (the bar opens at 4 on a Friday).
- Flexible work hours (no one likes Cape Town traffic).
- The opportunity to work with a company that’s aiming for nothing less than global domination (with a smile of course).
- To be part of a driven, global team who wake up singing "everything is awesome" in a non–creepy way.