We are a close community of diverse but like-minded people who enjoy solving hard problems and creating amazing things together. We thrive on doing things differently, challenging our competitive industry with novel approaches and first class intelligence. We keep things human here; we are one unified team aiming for greatness, and we hate bureaucracy. We’ve been this way since 2003. We are proud to declare that we are a market leader in our space. Our job is to remain so in the future.
We are not for everyone. A lot of companies talk about “fit”. We live it. We will never hire someone if they do not fit within our community, even if they have all the skill and experience we need. Our people are Tyler Capital so we are protective of each other and the environment we create. However, those that are right for us can expect to be welcomed to an amazing team with open arms, enjoying a flexible and dynamic work environment where you’ll only ever be asked to be yourself. Your ideas count, insights are shared openly and failing is OK. What matters to us is the work you do rather than the hours you work. We are students of the future, pioneering ways of creating extreme value and challenging conventional wisdom all the time.
What we “do” is trade the markets. What’s really cool is how we do this. We are at the forefront of adaptive learning and cutting edge technology. We are building deeply automated systems, using some of the most sophisticated machine learning techniques in the world. Some people in our industry think we are crazy for this approach; we think they are redundant. We want to surround ourselves with people who share our values, and our love for machine learning. We are as friendly as we are fierce in our determination to compete in the markets in this particular way. We are proud of our ability to produce consistently high returns and our commitment to sharing the treasure we generate with everyone at Tyler.
You will work alongside highly credible developers and traders, solving interesting problems within a cross-disciplined team. You will use your talents each day on something meaningful, we promise. We aren’t just looking to develop your career; rather we look to develop you and your potential. You will be challenged, you will learn and you will grow.
Our vision is to be a home to limitless opportunity, creating new ways to trade any market, anywhere. If you dare to dream and are ready to join a conspiracy for greatness, then we want to talk.
Overview of role
This role as a Software Developer offers the opportunity to work on some of the most interesting challenges in finance, and within a credible and passionate cross-disciplined team. You will be expected to dive into problem solving using your programming and analytical skills right away and on a daily basis.
We operate an open, collaborative, and challenging environment. You will interact with other developers, quantitative modellers, machine learning research engineers, and other domain experts in order to meet your objectives. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our business very seriously.
- Building – Working with other software developers on production trading systems;
- Designing – Proposing and peer reviewing software designs and changes;
- Testing – You can’t automate trading if you can’t automate testing. Automating tests for software changes;
- Documenting – Writing documentation to be committed to the repository alongside the code;
- Reviewing – Having your code peer reviewed and doing the same for others;
- Learning – we don’t just believe in learning systems, we believe in learning people! You will be actively encouraged to grow your capabilities.
- Ability to work in our team and our culture where appreciation, togetherness and brilliance is expected;
- Passionate about technology and programming;
- Relentless and persistent in the face of very challenging problems;
- A data-driven, scientific approach;
- Ability to balance pragmatism and perfection;
- Able to formulate effective experiments and ask good data-oriented questions.
Essential skills/ qualifications:
- Top class degree (or equivalent) from a leading institution in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field;
- You must be a talented programmer, able to express your ideas in production grade software;
- Significant low latency Java programming experience;
- Low latency C++ networking experience on Linux.
Highly desirable skills/ experience:
- Experience with market data feed handlers and FIX / binary order routing;
- Solarflare Libraries - Onload, TCPDirect, EF_VI;
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary;
- Annual bonus based on your performance and that of the company. Company bonuses have historically been highly competitive against industry benchmarks;
- Generous, portable contributory pension scheme with Aegon, company contributions rising to 7%;
- Private health insurance, family members can be paid for by employee;
- Flexible working hours / potential to occasionally work from home;
- 25 days annual leave;
- Maternity and paternity benefits;
- Gym membership at a choice of two of London's best gyms;
- Life Assurance/Death in Service;
- Childcare Voucher Scheme;
- Corporate Dental Discount.