Software Support Engineer
|Job Title:||Software Support Engineer|
|Job Published:||July 12, 2017 15:13|
• Provide external and internal support on software queries
• Maintain software components and ensure reliable deployment of new features
• Setup and deploy database releases to QA, UAT and live environments
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
• Taking ownership of software issues, and working with our Development Teams to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
• Documenting, troubleshooting and problem resolution steps independently
• Responsible for collaborating with a variety of individuals and teams at all levels within the organization
• Perform advanced root cause analysis on bugs and databases
• Configure and maintain in house scripting
• Automate and implement processes
Mandatory Skills / Abilities required to do the job:
• Object Orientated Languages required
• C#, Java, SQL, Bash, ASP.NET, PERL
• Python experience beneficial
• Exposure to programming and scripting
• Knowledge of Debugging software
• DB Visualizer experience
• Visual Studio experience
Personal Attributes / Character traits required for this job:
• Ability to communicate well across all business units
• Organised, thorough and has great attention to detail
• High level of analytical thinking to solve problems
• Effective oral, electronic and written communication within all levels of the organisation
• Ability to multi-task and can handle frequent interruptions
• Can consistently follow protocol and instructions
• Can work independently
• Can work well under pressure
• Team Player
• Document processes, procedures and results.
• Passionate, optimistic and has internal inspiration to get things done.
• Customer service – demonstrate the ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs of requests of others internally and externally.
• Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
• Desire to make an impact
• Positive attitude
• Good judgement
Education and General Working Experience:
• Minimum requirement is Matric with a minimum of 3 year’s solid work related C#/Java/etc. development experience in the workplace (tertiary exposure excluded).
• Programming certification required
• Microsoft Windows Desktop experience required
• Ideally an IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential.
• Good Object Orientation experience is a must.
• Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred but not essential.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
• Please read the Mandatory Technical Skills, Personal Attributes and Experience before applying. Regrettably we are unable to shortlist candidates for interviews if they do not meet these key requirements.
• Candidates must be willing to relocate to Cape Town at their own expense if living outside the Western Cape.
• Clean criminal and credit records required
• Applications will only be considered from RSA Citizens, or foreign national applicants with permanent resident permits.