Software Test Engineer
|Job Title:||Software Test Engineer|
|Job Published:||September 22, 2017 17:43|
• Ensure that the final software product meets the desired quality standards
• Design, create and deploy automated test scripts for functional and acceptance testing.
• Documenting defects, tracking issue resolution and providing test automation reports.
• Continuous improvement of test processes and practices
• Testing of software changes to ensure that changes meet the defined business requirements and do not introduce risk.
• Work as an integral member on a scrum team and practice agile processes
• Write and execute effective manual and automated test cases and test plans.
• Logging defects
• Generating test data and data validation
• Contribute to building a highly effective team
• Risk Management
o Ensure coverage of high risk and high priority functionality
• Continuous Improvement
o Provide constructive feedback to team members with the goal of improvement
o Activity contribute during retrospectives and stand-ups
Knowledge and Qualifications
Education and Experience - Required
• B.Sc in a technology related field OR
• 3 year Diploma in technology related field
• Minimum of 2+ years of demonstrated proficiency with Software Testing / QA methodology, process and deliverables.
Technical Skills - Required
• Experience writing and debugging automated test scripts
• Hands on experience with test automation frameworks and testing tools (Selenium, QuickTest, TestComplete, Appium)
• Experience with – test management systems (JIRA, Test Rail)
• Experience working in an Agile Testing environment
• Knowledge of Java, Scala, Ruby, programming
Technical Skills - Desired
• Scripting / programming languages
• Dev Ops Processes
Other Abilities - Required
• Able to communicate effectively in English
• Work prioritisation, planning and organisational skills
• Display a high level of initiative and trouble shooting skills
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Honest, positive, approachable, self-aware, self-regulating and self-motivating
• Demonstrates a strong interest in our craft