The incumbent will ensure that Administration System is designed, developed, maintained and enhanced efficiently and effectively and that it delivers against business needs. The incumbent is further tasked with the maintenance of Administration System blueprint that is usable and consistent with Enterprise Application Architecture and future technology direction.
- Understands how the business requirements can be met using the implemented package solution, or defines what additional application software packages and / or bespoke code is needed
- Leads the design and configuration of the Policy Administration application software
- Leads any bespoke application development related to Policy Administration
- Consulted in the provision of cost estimates
- Ensuring the alignment of projects to target application architecture.
- Assessment of the impact of application change and new releases
- Defines high level data flows between Policy Administration System and other applications
- Work as a team member with Development Managers and other technical staff, to ensure application is implemented according to requirements.
- Identification of potential risks / issues and give input into risk plan
- Ensure that the Policy Administration System implementation is coherent and consistent with the vendor and in-house strategies and architecture
- Respond to business requests for extensions to the scope of the solution through the creation or enhancement of the application and strategies
- Provide advice and consultancy across the project team on the above strategies and architecture
- Participate in reviews and provide guidance to teams to ensure that the architecture and strategies are followed
- Establish and participate in design reviews, regular architectural reviews and technical issue management meetings
- Ensure that design is optimised for use on the organisations infrastructure
- Provide support to other members of the Development Team and members of the Project Management team as required
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the internal workings of software packages in the Policy Administration domain
- Work effectively in a team with other Solution Architects, Business Architects and Lead developers to consider design alternatives and agree on appropriate design decisions in support of business requirements
- Owns, maintains and publicizes interfaces between Policy Administration System and external systems.
- Facilitates design and implementation of interfaces between Policy Administration System and external systems.
- Ensures interfaces defined by different teams are consistent.
- Maintains a register of published interfaces.
- Reviews designs to avoid duplication and proliferation of interfaces.
- Defines messaging architecture and standards
- Review agreed implementation, to ensure correct interpretation of the requirements and architecture and strategies
- Ensure there is adequate testing of configuration or bespoke development.
- Facilitate and lead the quality assurance processes for design and development to ensure the ongoing integrity of the Policy Administration domain
- Provide input for performance evaluations on all project team members
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Tertiary IT qualification or qualification through experience
- 4 - 7 years’ IT development experience
- Expert in Object Oriented design and Java development
- 2+ years’ management of IT business application portfolios
- Application of IT governance principles
- Experience in application development, support and release management
- Is expert in messaging middleware, web services, SOAP, SOA, ESB, SMTP, FTP, secure FTP
- Experience in systems development upper life cycle quality assurance
- System Development Life Cycle
- Java, Groovy, C#, SQL, Application Servers
- Experience in SOA
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, and integration problems
- Risk Management
- Quality, risk and organisational change management
- Santam implemented hardware, software and operating systems a benefit
- Investigation and analysis of information
- Communication of technical guidance and instruction to users
- Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and / or program modifications
- Interpersonal skills, ability to engage with senior business stakeholders as well as coach and mentor of design / development peers
- Ability to accept accountability for actions and decisions
- Problem resolution
- Deciding and initiating action
- Building networks and good relationships
- Develop and implement strategy