Provide Solution Architecture leadership on projects/ enhancements across the IT Logistics and Supply Chain area.
FUNCTIONAL AND TECHNICAL
• Grade 12 and relevant degree/diploma (3 years)
• 4 - 5years relevant experience (preferable experienced broadly across multiple areas of IT)
• Extensive knowledge of all mainstream IT technologies
• Ability to apply emerging technologies to business solutions
• Solid understanding of:
o The SDLC within Agile and Waterfall methodologies
o Application design and architecture at an enterprise level (patterns, best practices and technologies)
o Problem solving (At an enterprise and application / implementation level)
o Deployment Patterns
o Integration Patterns and Technologies
o Knowledge of Platforms
• Excellent technical capability and the ability to “dive” down into code when necessary
• Ability to adapt and prioritise. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
• Technical specification writing and communication skills essential.
• Ability to pick up new technologies easily. Attention to detail.
• Analytical as well as strong development skills. Delivery focused
• Provide architecture direction to multiple projects/ enhancements, primarily across the IT organisation.
• Responsible for ensuring that the technology-based solutions are designed and implemented in a structured manner in accordance with architecture standards and principles to maximise benefit delivery and limit business risk.
• Act as a bridge between Business, Delivery Teams, Vendors, Technical Architects and Enterprise Architects, the Technical specialist (as the Solution Architect on projects) will assume responsibility for continued solution alignment throughout the project / programme lifecycles. Help drive team delivery and ensure that the relevant processes are adhered to.
• Keep up to date with new industry trends, products, technologies, best practices and processes by selecting and using appropriate sources of information, and where applicable share this with the organisation for business benefit.
• Understand and keep abreast of non-technical factors that have a direct bearing on technological decisions such as budget constraints, change/ people impact and business objectives by establishing business contacts and doing appropriate fact-finding
• Use applicable company and industry knowledge-bases to find common causes and resolutions of technical problems, and apply this knowledge
• To help design and manage the Release Management and DevOps processes
• Perform cost and risk analysis regarding proposed technology-based solutions, also considering people implications, sustainability and impact of the administration of technology-based solutions, as input into the business case for proposed solutions
• Maximise the use and re-use of technology that is already in place by determining to what extent parts of solutions already exist when new solutions are defined
• Use the correct information to define workable, optimal solutions such as processes, data flows, network designs, systems, etc
• Ensure that solutions are not designed and built in isolation, but take cognisance of other similar, related, dependent and dictating solutions
• Ensure that the correct protocols, tools and middleware solutions are correctly used
• Regularly monitor the work performed by other staff members working in related areas of technical concern and provide feedback and input into their work
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with all relevant parties as defined by the ITS organisational structure, the business structure, the nature of the technical work, and any other parties that may add real value