|Job Title:||Support Consultant|
|Job Published:||September 12, 2017 10:09|
Job Title: Consultant
Employment Type: Permanent
Location/s: London (Zone 1) and Hatfield
Working Hours: shifts will be maintained to ensure adequate staffing between 08:00 and 18:00
Overall description of the position:
The individual must provide on-site proximity support to the clients customers and a local technical assistance to Support Level 2 and 3 teams. This position is a backfill position to support the current consultants and customer base based in Hatfield and London (zone 1)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This encompasses but is not limited to:
• Provide customer focused Helpdesk and Desktop support
• Users proximity support and assistance (Installation, set up, update, reconfiguration, troubleshooting and fix) on:
• Laptops / desktops / mac devices / printers / Smartphone devices / fix telephony handsets
• Windows 7 / Outlook / Microsoft Office Suite / Adobe Acrobat / Microsoft Project / RDP / VPN client / Citrix Client and other standard software residing on the computers • Data residing on an end-user’s computer (integrity checks, transfer, restore)
• Data encryption
• Hardware support (installation, fault diagnosis, parts replacement) on laptops / desktops / Blackberry devices / printers / servers / routers / switches / patch panels / firewall / IPBX gateway / fix telephony handsets / UPS etc.
• WAN (VPN Internet and E1) support - liaison with ISP for installation, update, troubleshooting and fix
• LAN cabling and patch panels support – installation, update, maintenance, troubleshooting and fix, inspection, test
• Telephony system (IPBX) support – installation, update, troubleshooting and fix, inspection, test
• Daily backup checks • Security patches, critical patches, malware/virus scan and antivirus updates – when required by Support Level 2/Level 3
• Regular (no less than every quarter) preventive maintenance (performance checks, cleaning, …) on computers, printers, servers, routers, switches, patch panels, tapes autoloader, UPS, IPBX etc.
And will operationally include the following:
• Ensure that IT incidents, service and change requests are completed within business agreed Service Level Management Frameworks.
• Prioritise incidents based on their business impact.
• Follow escalation procedures to expedite incident resolution.
•Use Problem Management tools and techniques to identify the root cause of problems and select appropriate means of resolution.
• Technical proximity support on servers / firewalls / switches / routers / WAN / UPS / IPBX etc. upon request and in liaison with the centralised Support Level 2/Level3
• Participation in software and hardware local roll-out projects (e.g. new application deployment, technical upgrades.)
• Disaster Recovery exercises participation upon request and in liaison with Support Level 2 / Level 3
• Liaison with centralised Support Level 2/Level 3
• Liaison with local IT 3rd parties on an ad-hoc basis
• Minimum of A Level or the equivalent
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) – Windows 7 or 10
Experience and Skills required:
• Experience of technical support
• Good general IT understanding
• Experience of dealing with senior executives
• Experience of dealing with remote support teams and service providers
Must have the skills and aptitude required to
• Strong customer-focused approach
• Excellent interpersonal relationship/customer management skills.
• Logical/structured approach to problem analysis.
• Tenacity and the will to ensure that a problem is resolved using all means at ones’ disposal.
• Strong documentation skills