The Senior Developer/Analyst role is responsible for building C# applications, including back-end services, SQL data structures and their web counterparts. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the development team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
The Senior Developer/Analyst will be involved in day to day operational issues and client support.
Systems Analyst: Technical Outputs
Facilitated Project Delivery
- Coordinates projects to ensure that prioritised deadlines are met.
- Monitors progress of projects to ensure that they are on track with the schedule.
- Effectively resolves escalated project risks.
- Communicates with external parties regarding the product, as and when necessary.
- Provides status report to Team Lead, on a weekly basis.
- Reviews documentation within project schedule.
Senior Developer / Analyst
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Maintain code quality, organization, and build automation
- Assists Manager in developing tactical and strategic product, services and/or programs to support the goals (quality, production, customer service, operational efficiency, etc.)
- Works closely with the team to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service and/or program business processes.
- Reviews, analyses, and creates detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Identify areas not achieving benefits and provide recommendation for improvement.
- Coordinates the development of all approved versions of business and functional specifications for specified applications.
- Reviews use cases and other technical documents with Team Lead to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
Senior Developer / Analyst: Behavioural Outputs
Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Proactively tries to build effective working relationships with other people and resolves conflict actively with peers
- Probes for and provides information to clarify situations
- Seeks and expands on original ideas, enhances other's ideas, and contributes own ideas about issues at hand
- Uses key principles.
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated and included in discussions (enhances self-esteem, empathizes, involves, discloses, supports).
Display Company Values
- Care: Supports others by treating them with dignity, respect and fairness.
- Ownership: Takes ownership for quality by dedicating the required time and energy to assignments and making sure no aspect of the work is neglected.
- Passion: Demonstrates passion by taking immediate/ independent action when confronted by a problem or made aware of a situation, while suggesting new ideas/ solutions to problems.
- Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved and showing concern for all aspects of the job.
- Ensures high quality output by testing work.
- Accurately and carefully follows established procedures for completing work tasks
- Initiates action to correct quality problems or notifies others of quality issues as appropriate.
- Sets standards to ensure that a high level of quality is achieved
- Continuous learning
- Demonstrate “hands-on” or tangible learning in identified areas
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Keeps abreast of industry best practice in the technology and development approaches which we are using.
Senior Developer / Analyst Skills
- Project management skills and/or certification.
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Technical understanding of system being analysed and how it affects the various business units.
- Good at handling and meeting deadlines.
- Multitasking skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and keep up with project scope changes.
- Able to work well with both internal and external clients.
- Good presentation skills, and ability to communicate with various audiences, including end users, managers, and members of the IT team.
- Self-starter with leadership skills in order to take charge of or facilitate requirement gathering sessions.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems and producing reusable C# libraries.
- Experienced with various design and architectural patterns
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experienced with Rabbit MQ Messaging platform
- Experienced with Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Experience with web application frameworks, such as Angular
- Proficient understanding of GIT and Visual Studio Online code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with Visual Studio Online continuous integration