In this role you will be responsible for the design and implementation of new business systems as well as the enhancement and optimization of existing, previously implemented systems.
The primary function of this role is to consider the business objectives, motivations and processes as outlined by the Business Analyst (BA) counterpart and to contextualize these in to holistic, balanced and pragmatic systems that go beyond the mere implementation of software applications and reports.
The overall emphasis of analysis is gathering data on the existing system, determining the requirement for the new system, considering alternatives within these constraints, and investigating the feasibility of the solutions.
- Devotion to quality
- Analyzing and forming opinions
Key Areas and Activities:
- Understand and drive out the implementation of business and IT strategies
- Interact with external business partners to gather requirements and address system issues
- Research problems through data collection and analysis
- Translate business requirements into system requirements
- Work in an Agile Team with Business Analyst, Architects and Developers to ensure Business requirements have been met
- Design and manage the implementation of solutions within the Enterprise Architecture strategy
- Interact with architects and developers to understand software features and limitations
- Plan, create and present solution prototypes
- Testing new and altered system functionalities
- Sign-off developed solution and handover to UAT testing
- Manage system roadmaps
- Identify and design improvements in the User Experience of the systems
- Conduct information gathering from various sources
- Document requirements according to prescribed format
- Do evaluations and documented recommendations and feedback
- Demonstrated initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound judgment and effective decision-making
- A solid understanding of computer software, user interaction models, information presentation, process adherence and hardware integration
- A degree or diploma in Information and System Technology.
- FTI or other formal business analyst training will be advantageous
- 3+ years relevant experience in a similar role