Systems Analyst -
We require a System analyst who will be an effective and efficient member of the Technology Applications area.
This function will be responsible for:
- Translating business and functional requirements into technical specifications
- Compiling conceptual and detailed solution design documentation
- Interpret complex business requirements and provide potential solutions
- Assisting Developers during the development phase by providing clarity on requirements
- Providing guidance to the Quality Assurance team to ensure quality solution delivered
- Developing more complex solutions
- Compile user manuals
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- A relevant tertiary IT degree/diploma or equivalent in system analysis / design.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible analytical experience in performing a variety of information technology systems analysis, design, development, installation, implementation, procurement, or technical support duties in connection with information technology systems.
- Solution, analysis and design orientated.
- Sense of personal accountability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team across all IT disciplines.
- Good interpersonal and client-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail.
- Ability to interact with business teams, interpret the business requirement, enable translation to technical detail and assist the Information Technology teams in their understanding of the requirement in order to deliver the required solution.
- Expert knowledge of systems development processes. (methodologies, SDLC, development and testing techniques)
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the IT industry, especially in relation to application development.
- Good knowledge of the Investment Administration environment would be an advantage
- Ability to research/problem solve technical problems through appropriate use of available resources.
- Analysis / validation of all change requests requiring a technology solution with focus on ensuring the proposed solution aligns to the strategic architecture view
- Design new or enhanced systems to accommodate business needs
- Participate in the process design or re-design and translate business/user requirements/ processes into a system design
- Analysis of existing systems and interfaces for modification / improvement purposes – design new interfaces
- Provide knowledge transfer and support to team members
- Develop and maintain all relevant SDLC documentation
- Understanding the business issues and data challenges of the organisation and industry
- Reviewing and editing requirements, specifications, business and systems processes and recommendations related to proposed solution
- Facilitate functional / technical design sessions with the development and technical teams
- Taking responsibility during the development life cycle to resolve any business and functional related issues