|To assist with maintaining and enhancing the systems architecture for the area and assisting the development teams to implement the specified architecture.|
|Design Artefacts 35% - Create a high-level architectural design, logical design, high level mapping (data, process) and code design. Ensure that the technical design will integrate to required systems, that the design is technically feasible and aligned to the business and technical strategy. Create Software Architecture Specification.|
Collaborate with Technology Architect to define infrastructure requirements required to sustain/improve system performance and to define the test strategy to Test performance on new infrastructure after it has been commissioned.
Architectural Components 25% – Create and maintain architectural components and frameworks for use by the various development teams.
Review report 20% - Review System Designs and Business Requirements
Conduct informal reviews of source code and unit tests to evaluate efficiency, and adherence to standards. Conduct peer reviews of Architectural Specifications for adherence to standards, optimised design and architectural soundness.
Problem/Incident Root Cause Analysis Report 10% - Participate in the investigation, diagnosis and solution development & testing related to logged incidents and Problems. Document to relevant findings in a Report.
SLA Compliance Report 5% - Define a monitoring strategy for the application (ensuring that the correct parameters are exposed for monitoring), create Service Definition. Analyse monitoring results as obtained from Systems Monitoring Teams. Assure the availability (scalability, availability & security) as per defined systems performance expectations. Take proactive steps to ensure availability.
Source Code 5% - Implement the Technical Specification using the relevant development language mostly Java. Produce source code by applying the Client’s technical standards. Document logic and comments inside code.
Guidelines, standards and coaching 10% - Participate in internal forums and lead workstreams to improve methodology, internal processes, standards and guidelines. Conduct training and informal coaching with own team. Assist developers in understanding the architectural principles of the environment. Manage weekly team meetings to discuss overall Architecture. Assist Dev Manager during performance reviews by providing input on developer competencies.
Additional Output Information:
• Investigating new technologies and their application within the area.
• Creation of software architecture specifications
• Driving the implementation of the roadmap architecture
• Definition of the external system interfaces and the SLA’s around them
• Identification of the utilization of interfaces provided by other systems;
• Involvement in all SDLC processes within the team
• Assisting of developers, analysts in problem solving
• Creation of technical documentation where required
• Review of all technical documentation produced to make sure it complies to the System Architecture
• Continually looking for ways to optimize the system
• Working with other architects to define and optimize system touch-points and interfaces between systems to best exploit the environment
• Working with other architects to define services that could be utilized in other areas, and working on ways to expose these services
• Responsible for the overall performance of systems
SDLC. Project Management. Systems Architecture
Programming Languages: Java, Java script, SQL, J2EE, UML.
Integration Technologies: JMS, MOM, BPEL, Web-Services, JSON, RESTful
Technical Architecture, Process & Data Mapping, Entity Diagram mapping
Advanced Problem solving. Analytical and systemic thinking.
|Qualification and Experience|
B. Sc (Informatics or Mathematics) beneficial
Minimum Required Experience - At least 2 to 3 years experience in an architectural role with at least 6 - 7 years exposure to software development in Java and J2EE
Additional requirements - Has relevant business experience or product/systems knowledge
PeopleSolved is a leading specialist recruitment firm solving the needs of and for people globally