The ideal candidate would be somebody who can tackle project, account and delivery management (non-technical) for our custom software projects on larger scale customers, and shave this responsibility off our Team Leads. It would be a very senior position (Dev Manager level) reporting directly to Executive Management.
Broad Job Specification:
- Taking high level responsibility (planning and leading) for software project delivery management across multiple clients, projects and initiatives in parallel
- These projects are not SAP v4 to v5 upgrades, they are custom builds with a fair bit of tact and problem solving required. They are also not 3 years, typically projects will be 6 to 18 months.
- Client account management – build relationships and present a professional, interested front for our client
- Software project management - including origination and initiation, and throughout Software Development Lifecycle
- Status tracking of project tasks, milestones, deliverables or key dates
- Risk and expectation management – resourcing, deliverables, requirements and at times budgets
- Change management – careful and flexible control of scope, ability to estimate work effort on new scope (in conjunction with team)
- High degree of client communication – will often be point contact to a client for a project
- Composition, delivery and tracking of client status reports
- Requires working closely with 5 or more teams operationally. Motivation and leadership qualities required.
- Attendance to, and assistance with demonstrations to clients
- Facilitating client feedback at all touch points (demos, meetings, calls, etc), and management thereof
- Perform business analysis / problem solving on the fly, and ability to context switch rapidly
· Minimum 6 years’ experience in industry as analyst/pm/architect/developer in client-facing roles.