We are a young, innovative IT company servicing the data integration and warehousing needs of the investment management industry. We develop and license investment data management software and provide consulting services to implement our products, thus providing comprehensive data management solutions to our clients. We have an impressive client base including top asset managers, multi-managers, hedge funds and analytics service providers.
We are the market leader in Investment data management in South Africa and will extend this offering to selected international markets. Our first international client was signed up last year in the UK. We recently opened our first international office in Sydney Australia and expect to see solid growth from that market in the coming years. Our first Australian client was signed this year. We also sell, implement and support the StatPro Portfolio Compliance system. This system is also a market leader with an impressive local and international client base. We have a compliance centre of excellence and are highly regarded by the investment management industry.
Our staff members are highly energised and self-motivated. They have access to wide variety of client engagement opportunities, allowing them to interact with a broad cross section of the investment community. Our focus is on constantly improving and innovating and on providing professional services to our clients at all times. We are also small and mobile and are able to rapidly respond to opportunities.
We are looking to grow our business aggressively over the next few years and are looking for young energetic professionals who would like to build a career in the investment management industry and the related technology arena. Candidates will be given the opportunity to prove their value through a wide variety of client engagements. We do not limit or dictate the career growth path of our staff, but rather recognise and reward those who perform well and take on added responsibilities.
Purpose of the Role
- Work with a team based in Cape Town and with clients in South Africa and around the world.
- Resolve technical issues logged by clients or Compliance consultants.
- Build data interface configurations and ETL packages to/from the StatPro Portfolio Control (SPC) product:
- Develop code to technical specification and in-house coding standards.
- Maintain the integrity of the Source Code Management system.
- To configure ETL packages for SPC.
- Work closely with the SPC and ETL lead developers on feeding back enhancements or issues that may be required to better support the integration of these systems for SPC clients.
- Be involved in the SPC product development through product enhancement workshops. Conduct testing and feedback on application development
- To configure workflows to load data into pre-defined structures, automating the ETL process of fetching, loading data, running integrity checks, sending notifications, etc.
- To provide first line client support, feedback and consulting services to clients
- Responsible for all technical installation and upgrade tasks.
- Set up relevant template environments for new clients.
- Implementing all ETL and data integration tasks associated with new client implementations and ongoing technical changes at existing client sites.
- Map data from different sources into a coherent dataset documenting transformations and calculations where needed
- Build the technical components required for the data integration exercise
- Work towards making clients self-sufficient by creating solutions that are automated, transparent, simple and well documented.
- Guide and support client with queries relating to SPC; or a specific implementation
- Acquire a basic understanding of the investment compliance industry
- Attend weekly feedback sessions, providing feedback on tasks completed and into work that is scheduled;
- Own your schedule; providing estimates of development effort and progress updates to the Product Manager and Data Integration Manager.
- Update implementation specific technical help documentation
- Provide technical training to client IT support
- Technical installation of compliance software and implementing upgrades for newer versions
- Object Orientation programming (at least 2 years current experience)
- SQL knowledge (stored procedures, user functions, etc)
- Knowledge of SSIS or other ETL tool (beneficial)
- Exposure and knowledge of investment/asset management data (beneficial)
- Data warehouse experience (nice to have)
- A strong and demonstrable desire and aptitude for developing financial and mathematical products, and working directly with clients
- Confident and presentable
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage own time and tasks
- Ability to deal with client, users and business analyst directly
- Desire to learn new skills
- Good work ethic
- Analytical mind
- Focused on achieving deadlines and happy working under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Computer science or Information Systems degree - essential
- Years and industry experience required for the role (minimum/ preferred)
- 2 years’ experience in Object Orientation programming
- 2 years’ experience in MS SQL development/data integration work
- Exposure to C# development (advantageous)
- Exposure to large corporate organizations, ideally in Asset Managers (Beneficial not essential)