Tech Lead/Dev Manager February 2017
This position is ideal for a senior developer with good people skills, who would like to join a growing and dynamic integrated agency environment.
The candidate will oversee two other developers and will have to manage the dev output of the agency as well as build his/her team capabilities.
Budget: R50K/month CTC to R55K/month CTC.
Required development skills:
- HTML, CSS & JS
- Revision control (Git)
- Task automation (Gulp/Grunt)
- Native or hybrid mobile app development
- Experience working with Wordpress and Drupal
- Experience working with MySQL and MSSQL
- Experience in managing shared hosting accounts (konsoleH & cPanel)
- Experience with web servers (IIS, Apache & Nginx)
Roles & responsibilities:
- Work on projects as a full stack web developer
- Managing and supporting the development team consisting of back- & front-end developers
- Daily code reviews with the dev team
- Scoping and architecture of all development projects
- Consultations with the client service team on new projects
- Management of development jobs in the system
- Ensure that all code is written efficiently/cleanly and is best practice for the given job at hand.
- Help your dev team resolve technical problems as well as manage, inspire and lead the dev team (this is an HR component).
- Mitigate client risks and ensure the profitability of the dev team output through accurate scoping of time estimated for projects, as well as ensuring the agency sticks to the quoted time allocations.
- Oversee regular scrum/agile/status meetings and collaborate with the rest of the digital division to successfully deploy projects.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Act as an efficient and collaborative liaison for client-side development requirements.