- The focus of the technical operation specialist is to make sure that the core network/Voice infrastructure which all employees in Flight Centre Travel Group relies on is to stay up and ensure that the infrastructure is being maintained. Ensuring no downtime within working hours.
- The technical operation specialist is also responsible to support the application and service desk teams with any system enhancements or installs of systems and programs that must be rolled out throughout FCTG.
- Excellent Communication: Verbal and Written,
- Language: English and Afrikaans,
- Communicate effectively: Be able to communicate clearly and effectively when speaking or communicating to consultants,
- Documentation and Reporting: Have a good understanding of operational documentation and monthly executive reports.
- Very good knowledge of Cisco devices and Cisco products,
- Experience in Data Centre and server room build and architecture,
- Configure of Cisco Routers and Switches,
- Good understanding of network monitoring tools,
- Licensing of Cisco equipment and products,
- Maintain IP sheet of all IP addresses.
- Excellent TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, VLAN knowledge,
- Assist in Cisco ASA Firewalls,
- Excellent Subneting and Network segregation,
- Very good knowledge on Routing and Switching,
- BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Trunks, L2, L3, QoS, MPLS, IPSec tunnels VPN, DHCP, DNS, Spanning tree, etc.)
Design, Manage, Maintain, Implement and troubleshoot of the following:
- Company’s internal LAN and WAN,
- Head office Core Network and DR site (Access, Distribution, Core)
- Troubleshoot networks with ISP and MPLS providers.
- Responsible for network resilience and testing of fail over capabilities in Data Centre’s, HQ, DR site and remote offices. Primary and secondary links and devices.
- Network design and improvements.
- Support Wi-Fi Network, (Rukus AP’s and Zone Director)
Manage, Maintain and troubleshoot of the following:
- Very good understanding of Cisco Call Manager v11.5,
- Good understanding of CUCM and UCCX,
- Good understanding of Cisco Finesse,
- Very good understand on ISDN, T1 module card configurations. Telkom lines,
- Build of Cisco Contact centre, new retail stores and support offices,
- Voice number porting, (Telkom DDIs to ISP VOIP Services – Call manger),
- Assigning new users and numbers on Call Manager,
- Troubleshooting any phone related issues, calling issues between retail stores, HQ and any other organization,
- Incoming and outgoing calls, on voice router and Call Manger,
- Voice mail modules in remote offices,
- IP Communicator.
Data Centre at HQ and Data Recovery Site:
- Assist in logging calls to SP for maintenance of HQ Data Centre aircon,
- Assist in logging calls to SP for Generator maintenance and UPS system, batteries and Botnets for monitoring and fire depression.
- Logging call to SP for any related changes or request in DR site.
Citrix, Servers and Applications
Good understanding of the following:
- Microsoft platforms, Server 2008 R2 and 2012,
- Print Servers (Absence)
- Active Directory,
- Citrix, Virtualization,
- Windows 7,8,10,
- Desktop support,
- Applications in general,
- Office hours 08:30am – 17:30pm
- After Hours – We will be given 24 hours’ notice in order to work after hours. Afterhours work depends on the severity of the problem and might entail working throughout the night. No overtime will be paid to employee. Time can be claimed back on overtime. A strict overtime sheet will be handled by the Team leader.
- Compulsory to attend to IT focus days, held every few months. Sleep over and day function.
- Compulsory to attend to support Buzz night, held every few months.
- Afterhours support will be required to assist 1st and 2nd with after hour’s standby work on a rotational basis.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports: Reports will provide feedback on technical operations and current projects. Reports will be reviewed by team leader or GM of IT.
- All reports to be compiled in an organized and professional manner.
- 5 Years’ experience in the required field - The technical operations specialist should have sound knowledge on Cisco Networks and Voice infrastructure, configuration and setup of the equipment within the business.
- Must have excellent skills in troubleshooting and analytics.
- Matric/ Grade 12
CompTIA IT Certifications
- Understanding of Citrix Virtualization,
- Server 2008 R2, Server 2012
- Windows 7,8,10
- CCNP or CCNP Voice (Preferred)
- CCNA or CCNA Voice. (Beneficial)
- Self-motivated - Working on core systems, the individual must be self-motivated to complete projects and know the risks that come with changes and implementations.
- Planning and documentation - Planning and documentation is vital to our business. All changes must be planed and tested before implementation. Documentation is to be written to allow 1st and 2nd level to understand the change that took pace and how it will affect the business.
- Time management - The individual must be excellent in time management as work on core infrastructure can only be done after hours thus giving the specialist 8 hours to complete any changes. All changes must be tested to make sure it was successful and in some cases to roll back should the specialist pick up any problems.